➼chapter 8; dark marks and dragon scars

❁❁❁

❁❁❁

Both girls snapped their heads toward the right, the moonlight only showing the very edge of trees. Rushed footsteps were getting louder by the second.

Serena immediately stood with her wand outstretched. She barely knew any defensive spells, or any spells for that matter, and the fact made her heart pound and hands sweat. But nonetheless, she stood protectively in front of Ramona (who couldn't run even if she wanted to) as she waited for whoever was running towards them to come out of the shadows of the woods.

Ramona rose her wand, too, eyes glued to where the sound was getting closer and closer, more frightened every second that passed.

When Serena was about to shout out the first spell that came to her mind, Melofors!, she spotted a head of red hair illuminated by the scarce moonlight just beyond the closest tree.

Fred, George, and Ginny Weasley finally emerged from behind the branches, looking shaken but unharmed. The three siblings, were aiming their own wands at Serena and Ramona until they realised who they were. All five of them lowered their wands, though not putting them away.

The Weasley's all gaped at Ramona on sitting on the ground, purple ankle elevated by a tree branch. "What happened to you?" George asked, worry filling his brown eyes.

Ramona shrugged. "I was pushed down and twisted my ankle, and for good measure, someone went ahead and stepped on it."

Ginny immediately went to sit beside Ramona, taking a closer look at her ankle before she and both twins turned toward Serena. "Are you alright, Serena?"

Serena squinted, wondering why they were looking at her in immense worry. "Yea... why wouldn't I be?"

Fred took a step forward, face pale. "You're bleeding."

"What-" Serena glanced around where he was pointing, and sure enough, she saw a steady stream of blood flowing down her arm, dried blood collected on her leg. "Oh. I hadn't noticed."

"Had- Hadn't noticed?!" George stared at her incredulously. "Your arm is covered in blood, Serena!"

Fred shook his head before picking through Ginny's bag, pulling out an Ireland flag. Ripping the cloth from the pole, he gently wrapped the flag around Serena's bleeding arm.

Serena stood there while he worked, suddenly all too aware of how close Fred was. Staring at his soft red hair as he concentrated on her arm, she had a sudden urge to run her hands through it. Before she could raise an unconscious hand, Fred pulled the two ends of the flag very tightly, making her gasp. She wasn't complaining though, the pain stopped her from embarrassing herself by touching his hair.

"T-that'll stop the bleeding." He mumbled as he rose to his full height, looking down on Serena, who was only a few inches. "Be... be careful, Serena." He whispered, still holding onto her arm. Serena seemed to be in a trace, staring into his chocolate-coloured eyes as she slowly nodded.