➼chapter 21; libel badges and hard hits

Author's note: Please read :)

Hi lovelies! So this potion of the chapter is usually at the end, but there was something I wanted to address before you all continue reading.

I don't want to spoil anything, but this chapter will briefly touch on the topic of severe head injuries. I have had quite a few in the past few years and I wanted to include a little of my experiences in my writing. If you feel the events in this chapter are over exaggerated or unlikely, I just wanted to let you all know they are not made up. So please read with an open mind. :)

Onto the chapter~

❁❁❁

The next few days were filled with insurmountable tension between Gryffindors and every other house at Hogwarts. Every time Harry Potter would walk into the room, all eyes were on him, most being scornful glares. Serena felt terrible for the fourth year, knowing he did absolutely nothing to deserve all of the jeers and taunts.

Serena honestly didn't expect the announcement of a second Hogwarts Champion to garner so much attention. The Hufflepuffs, who were normally on great terms with Gryffindors, had turned remarkably cold toward the whole lot of them. Serena understood why; the Hufflepuffs rarely got any glory or recognition, always seen as the house of the proverbial nice guys that finish last. They felt Harry had stolen their own Champion's glory, as Cedric Diggory was one of the few who had ever given them any, since he had beaten Gryffindor once at Quidditch the year before.

The Slytherins seemed to have up their game with their vicious insults, but Serena hadn't expected anything less. What came as a slight surprise was how the Ravenclaw house didn't seem too pleased with the presence of any Gryffindor, either.

Ramona and Magnolia thought the tension was completely foolish, much to Serena's relief. The three rarely ever let any house quarrels get in the way of their rock solid friendship. Ramona took extra care to dock house points from any student that who got into these meaningless brawls, even from Hufflepuffs, which often came with a round of infuriated questions from her fellow housemates.

"You're a Hufflepuff, are you not? Why aren't you taking points away from Seamus?"

Serena could never get used to the perpetually irritated look on Ramona's face, which usually sported a bright grin. "Because Mr. Finnigan wasn't the one that started the pointless argument in the first place," she had said in a sharp tone.

Even though the tension continued to increase between the Hogwarts houses, Ramona had her own personal matters to deal with. Despite the fact that her and Cedric were both Prefects and had their rounds together, the auburn haired girl refused to speak to him, or even acknowledge his presence. One day at lunch, Serena and Magnolia decided to corner the stubborn Prefect at the Hufflepuff table, finally fed up with their lack of communication.