➼chapter 30; sparkling and dazzling

Author's Note: Please read :)

Hi, lovelies! So, as I said before, after the next chapter, I will be revising this book because I'm personally not satisfied with it. I haven't decided if I'll continue posting new chapters while I edit, but if it takes a long time, I will definitely write new ones. The revision will include:

-Fixing grammatical error (because there are a LOT)
-Editing any other mistakes
-Scene changes (not too many) so that future events won't seem sudden or random
-Gif changes (because they aren't aesthetic enough for me 😤)
-Playlist changes (because the songs I have right now don't apply to the story as much as I'd like them to)

I will also add two new chapters to the beginning!! This includes:
-A prologue
-An Act 1/ Epigraph
-A lots of new characters to the introduction chapter because otherwise, they'll seem extremely random when I introduce them

I haven't even gotten to the main part of this story yet. Sixth year is pretty much fluff, but once the end of seventh arrives and so on... oh lord things will get DRAMATIC.

So sorry for the essay up there, but comment, vote, tell me what you think of the story so far! (If you'd like, of course :)

Now onto the chapter~

❁❁❁

Serena awoke on Christmas morning with a feeling of dread. Not once in her life had she ever felt this bummed on Christmas. The Yule Ball would be happening that night, and Serena hasn't even looked at her dress, still somewhat debating if she should attend or not.

As she trudged toward the Great Gall for breakfast, she looked around at all of the beautiful decorations, hoping it would make her feel better. The Hogwarts staff seemed determined to show the castle at its best this Christmas, wanting to impress visitors from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang. They were the most stunning she had yet seen inside the school. Everlasting icicles had been attached to the bannisters of the marble staircase; the usual twelve Christmas trees in the Great Hall were bedecked with everything from luminous holly berries to real, hooting, golden owls, and the suits of armour had all been bewitched to sing carols whenever anyone passed them.

Serena always loved Christmas, and the pure beauty of the castle did make her feel slightly better. She plopped down at the Ravenclaw table beside Magnolia and Ramona, pouring herself a small bowl of cereal. "Well, looks like today is the day."

Ramona had the biggest smile on her face. "Yes, I can't wait! It'll be amazing!"

Serena swirled the cheerios around in the milk. "Honestly, I don't know if I should have said yes to Timothée, I'm not in the mood for a ball at all, and it would only be unfair to him." The girl looked up at Ramona with a hopeful glint in her eyes. "Say, Mona, we've got loads of homework to do over the holidays, don't you think it best if I got a head start on it tonight?"