➼chapter 19; goblets and surprises

❁❁❁

❁❁❁

Normally, Serena did not wake up until noon on Saturdays. Never being able to sleep in on the weekdays, she takes full advantage of her weekends.

This Saturday was completely different. Serena had surprised herself when she awoke before Angelina even had a chance to get up. Alicia was fast asleep as well, though that was not a surprise in the slightest.

After freshening up, Serena grabbed a spare pillow from her bed, a wicked smile making its way on her face. Creeping over to Angelina's bed, she ripped open the curtain, chucking the pillow at the sleeping girl with as much force as possible. "Time to wake up, Angelina! The delicate balance of the world will be upset if I'm awake while you're still in bed!"

With a sharp glare, the girl throw the pillow back. "What the hell, Serena! It's Saturday!"

"Exactly!" Serena yanked the covers off Angelina with a satisfied grin. "The only day we have to put our name in the Goblet! So we've got to do it early."

"This is how you feel when I wake you two up in the morning, isn't it?" Angelina grunted.

Serena nodded. "Precisely."

Alicia stirred from her own four-poster bed, glancing at the two girls before her before closing her eyes once more. A second later, her jerked up again, quickly rubbing at her eyes to see if she was still dreaming. "Is that... Serena Mallard awake before Angelina? Has the world gone mad or something?"

"Not yet, but it will if you two are not down in the common room in five minutes!" Serena said cheerfully, bouncing toward the door. Right before she left, she called out, "Happy Halloween!"

Serena closed the door and turned toward the staircase, only to crash into someone in the narrow hallway. "Oh, my bad- Iyla? What are you standing right outside the door for?"

"Well, I didn't know you were going to come out right at this second." Iyla said. "Lee and the twins sent me up here to get you. Wanted you in their dorm."

"Wanted me for what?"

Iyla shrugged, already walking down the stairs. "See for yourself."

Serena rolled her eyes. "I don't see why you can't just tell me."

"It'll be a waste of breathe, really, when you can just go and look."

"You're a pain, Iyla."

"And you're impatient, Serena."

With another roll of her eyes, Serena climbed up toward the boy's dormitory, walking through the door labelled 'Sixth Years.' She was about to ask what they wanted her for when she stop in her tracks. A large, bubbling cauldron was situated in the middle of the room, the three boys crowded around it.

George looked up at her. "There you are!"

"About time you showed up," said Lee.

"Forgotten to help us with the potion, haven't you?" Fred asked with a silly grin.