"A Trap"

🐺🐶🐾🐶🐺

It has been four days since I started on a journey towards Triangle Pass and I wasn't expecting that it will take us four days to get beyond the other side of the first mountain.

Mazer and I have been able to at least get along for these four days and sustained ourselves with berries and water. She is eventually a picky eater and I am thankful enough that we managed to find edible berries on our way.

We have maintained our trail through the forest but keeping sight of the road since I know better that I wouldn't want to get lost deeper in the forest by any means. And it is safer this way..

"Kaori, look! I think I just spotted real bread over there~!"

The golden breed raced off her way ahead of me and I got alarmed and ran after her that we saw a camp-like area with tents and human belongings. It was as if someone stayed overnight in the area before and there was a remain of a bonfire.

"Hey~ There it is... I knew I smelled something real food... I am going to get that pack of bread for sure~"

I was supposed to stopped the little one from proceeding any further to the area but she was fast enough that she already feasted the bread outside the tent and so I only knowingly went after her with my senses raised up and I scanned the whole area.

By the looks of it, there were people who spent the night here and just left these things... There were wooden chairs, some lamps, bags, and others...

"Mm~ Kaori, have some... You should try this~ At least this bread is human food~ Aren't you hungry??"

"Haven't you been full for once?? You always go crazy for food once in a while, Mazer~ And I don't think we need to stay that long around here~ I can't be seen wandering around this kind of area... What if those people who camped here just went somewhere and returned??"

"You're just being too afraid... I don't think they can do us any harm... At least this area doesn't appear like those humans who stayed here are hunters at the very least~"

Mazer was being too relaxed eating up the breads and I wasn't able to feel at ease at least so I told her to just hurry so we can get back to our trail. She even gave me a crumb and we got up when she said she was done~

"Alright... Be mindfully still as we get out of here~ I am not verily feeling at ease in this area..."

"Hm~ I wonder if you used to be easily worried about stuffs when you were still human?? I actually nudge my owner back then when I sense that she is uneasy or if she is sad by any chance..."

I heard Mazer and she trailed beside me that I later felt how she nudged on my sides with a light calm growl.

"Quit it... I am not that afraid... I just don't feel well in this area so let us hurry up away from here~ Take your lead or you'll be left behind if you collapse again, Mazer~"

"Hehe~ No way, Kaori! I have just been energized with the bread and there is no way that my energy will easily drop to zero..."

Her reasounding laughter left me sighing and she took the lead and even playfully leaped her way and she also rolled among the leaves even though I told her to be quiet. Can't she even know how to follow?? I thought she wanted to be a police dog??

"Mazer, quiet down and don't make any unnecessary noises for now~ Behave yourself at least or you'll hurt yourself unknowingly. Mazer~"

She was like a cheerful kid not listening to a mother and she didn't likely pay attention to what I was telling her and she even ran ahead faster this time leaving me behind and she was even in excitement. What is it now???

I knowingly trailed off after her when she disappeared after making a turn from a tree and I lost sight of her. Oh no~

"Aaaaahhh!! Aaahhhh!"

We have just gone a bit further from the camped area and I heard Mazer's cry after loosing sight of her and I hurried off to find out what happened.

When I finally got myself to where she was, I got my head looking up only to see the struggling golden retriever caught up in a net hanging from a tree. It was appearing to be a trap that caught her and she was in obvious worry.

"Kaori~! Kaori! Help me down~! I got caught! I got caught!"

I drew myself right below the poor pup and she was still struggling to at least free herself.

"What did I tell you before to behave yourself?? Mazer~"

"He-help me, Kaori, please... I am sorry I didn't listen to you~"

I don't intend to make her hang up there for long so I tried to trace where the net was connected and I was supposed to go there to the rope when I heard footsteps running closer that I retreated behind the shadows quickly in panic.

In a moment, I saw about five men surrounding the net above them where Mazer was and, looking at them clearly, they were hunters and likely skilled ones too.

"Pretty much for expecting a rare catch for today, eh, Kian??"

"And I thought I might get a hand on an alpha~ What is a wolf for a dog, huh?? Are we gonna take it?? It seems as a pretty pricy breed, ya see~"

"Get it down, mates... We can still sell this one... I wonder how it got lost here in the woods~"

And the men laughed and Mazer was already crying out to me and was in fright when she was taken in a cage that fitted her size. She was frantically calling out to me but the men didn't likely heard her speaking in a way I understood and they quickly set back to the area where we found the bread. I didn't dare to get out from the shadows and I also kept my distance because one of the men was keen since he actually became aware of his surrounding when I made a noise with the leaves but soon retreated and went with the others.

They eventually packed up and headed back to the road where I saw a vehicle stopped by and Mazer was locked inside at the back compartment before the five men rode in another vehicle that came and fetched them. The men went the other way and the vehicle that got Mazer in it headed its way towards the direction to Triangle Pass. The vehicle was looking to be an animal transport vehicle that sells them so I trailed after it through the forest trees until I managed to jump from an uprooted tree and landed on the roof of the vehicle without making that much noise.

By doing so, I was able to keep up with the vehicle and I only need a plan to get Mazer out since I could hear her shouting for help from the inside.

Only the driver is the person I need to get rid of and the other one who is seating on the front seat of the vehicle too..

🐶🐾🐶🐺
🍁AerixielDaiminse🍁