"Self-Doubt"

🐺🐶🐾🐶🐺

"I can't be a wolf??? How unbelievable is this??"

I was muttering to myself over and over again.

I only laid down beside a big rock on the riverside to ease the pain on my front right paw that got a small wound. I was looking pitifully at it and I felt craving to lick it at the very least.

Am I really a real wolf now??? What happened?? How did this happen?? And am I going to lose my sanity sooner??

I lost answers to my rhetorical questions and only rested my chin on one small stone. The shadow casted by the big rock because of the morning sunray shaded me on where I lay that I got caught up looking upon the shadow of the big rock that extends westward.

What am I going to do now?? That silhouette from my dream~ It was like a figure of a wolf and he spoke to me but I couldn't understand him.

Who was he??

I was still in thought when I suddenly heard the grumbling of my stomach and I knew just by the sound that I am now hungry. I haven't eaten breakfast at all. Normally, I would be early to wake up in the morning and get myself dressed for my university...

"Oh no~! Why have I been so stupid?? I could have looked for my way back home!"

I dared to get up and tried to get my right front paw pressed on the ground to walk but since it really hurts, I got no choice but to continue my way with my other three limbs.

"I need to go home~ I need to see my family~ I need to attend my class today~ I can't be absent because we have an exam today~"

I went my way and even though I was being lame, I still went further away from the riverside and away from the big rock where I stayed for a short while.

I tried to look around me at first before proceeding any further since I still don't know which way is my home. I actually don't have the clue where to start or where I am~

Then I heard a buzzing sound above the clouds and it made me hid myself through the bushes like my instincts made me do it on its own.

There was a helicopter that flew pass by above and I recognized it as a private one. I soon was able to read a name on it that spells a grocery store's name in our town so I decided to follow it in pursuit through the woods and barely able to keep my pace  because, at times, I hurt my right front paw.

No matter how much pain I felt, I still continued after the helicopter and never dared to lose sight of it. I endured and I was even getting tired running across the piles of dry leaves, the uprooted trees, the ups and downs of slopes, and other such hurdles mainly common in forests.

When I went deeper in the forest glades, I only relied on the sound and continued to follow it. There were times I spotted squirrels, birds, deers, and other animals but I didn't let those distract me.

I really need to go back home~ Maybe someone can help me get back to my real self...

And after half an hour enduring the tingling sensation on my right front paw along with the breathlessness, I found myself on the road and I nearly got ran over by a truck that made me to retort back behind the trees of the forest.

I stayed behind seeing the helicopter moving away further from my sight since I didn't cross the road anymore in hesitation.

I was able to get a view of our town from below as I was on a higher elevation and I only peeked through the leaves in hiding as I saw cars and other vehicles moving on the road that leads to the town.

I felt excitement seeing that I am a mile away from our town but I wasn't able to take up courage to go there. No~ Not with this form??

I saw how the truck driver got in a panic earlier when he nearly ran over me with his vehicle. I can't just get out there and ask for help?? They wouldn't even understand me at the very least....

Or either way, people might just hunt me or kill me when they see a wolf roaming freely in town.

I guess I got no plan at all of what to do?? I ran my way to here for nothing...

I was in doubt... The view of the town urged me to go there and just meet up with my family~ But my body was frozen in place behind the shadows of the leaves and the trees of the forest behind me.

I don't know what to do. If I'll go forward or backward~

What will it be??

Why did I even turn into a wolf?? This is really never once my yearning..

-/-/-/-

"Woah~! Werewolves??"

"Yeah~ I read one last night..."

"Hm.. But I still like dogs~ I was running my imagination last night in my room that I got turned into a dog, Kaori!"

"Eh?? You want to turn into a dog??"

"Not really but I do wonder what it feels like to be a dog~ I always watch my pup, Bodyguard, when he just lie on the floor with his ears hanging loose and flat... And you know~ I want to try to be chasing! Letting your tongue get carried by the wind! Bite someone like crazy! Bark and do puppy eyes with a soft cry for a request of something I want!"

"Gosh~ Sometimes, you're overthinking in your imaginations... I couldn't complain more when you're acting like a dog when you're being playful at times too... Don't get too carried away. You wouldn't look more cuter if you become a real dog. I wouldn't want that..."

"Hahahahah~! Of course I will be the cutest if I become a puppy. And maybe I could also imagine you as my guiding pal! What do you want to be?? A Labrador?? A Great Dane?? Or something like a Husky??"

"Hahah~ Husky in your imagination.. It is my fave though... It resembles a wolf~"

-/-/-/-

After the voices played in my mind, I was caught up preoccupied. Maybe it was because of that time?? I really do love Huskies but never did I thought I could really become a wolf~

What if I don't find the way to turn myself back then?? Will my family get worried and search for me?? Will I even survive like this? I can't think more clearly anymore... I guess I just really don't know why I am like this~

But I really just want to be human again~

🐺🐶🐾🐶🐺
🍁AerixielDaiminse🍁