"Together Back Then"

🐺🐶🐾🐶🐺

"Why did you suddenly ignored me back then, Rei-chan?? Why?? Why?? Why??"

My words weren't so harsh and I tried to keep my eyes pinned to her who was before me and was rubbing off the rest of the tears that wouldn't stop escaping from the corners of her eyes.

When she was done calming herself down and her tears stopped welling out, she laid her hands on her lap and slowly raised her head to meet my eyes that longed for her unspoken answers.

"Back then was all because-"

She paused right at the moment that my ears were already anticipating her next words. We didn't averted our gazes and she continued as I could see her eyes a bit swollen for crying earlier. This girl is really her, no doubt~

She is really Rei-chan...

"It was all because I was just-"

She cut off again like something was preventing her to say the exact word she needed to say and I needed to hear. I was getting impatient but I maintained my cool and just let her be on her pace of explaining...

"Because I was jealous~"

After she uttered the word, she averted her eyes from mine. I saw that she felt embarrassed saying it and that there is a sudden void displayed through her dark irises.

"Honestly and amusingly, it is childish and immature... But the fact is that I got jealous back then~"

I was likely bewildered hearing her repeat her answer since my questions and curiosity weren't at all so satisfied yet.

"Je-jealous?? Rei-chan, why have you felt that way??"

I tried to reminisce once again back in time and I searched for reasons how exactly did I made her jealous about something or someone.

"I was stupid, was I?? I shouldn't have felt that way back then but I didn't use my brain and just depended in my feelings... This uncertain feeling back then... Jealousy~ I am sorry that it is disappointing to hear that it all was because of that simple reason... Just one sole reason and I drifted from you and ignored you... I am just unpredictable~ And I-"

"Tell me who or what or why?? What made you jealous about what??!"

I was getting riled up not because she told me her likely really stupid reason but because I feel so guilty not knowing that something I did back then made her jealous and it ruined our friendship. I don't feel like blaming her. I feel like blaming myself more that how I can see that she is feeling guilty of what happened.

"It happened since that incident, Kao-chan... Have you remembered??"

Her voice was still soft-spoken but broke and she simply just glanced at me through the strands of her hair that already covered her face. She was looking like a messed-up girl before me with how her clothes are crumpled since she has been fidgeting them since before. Her jogging pants were all dirtied for being laid on the ground for too long and her rubber shoes were just as worn with whatever reason I don't know what she did even before she got here.