"Predator Meets Prey"

🐺🐶🐾🐶🐺

We managed to get ourselves continuing on our way still heading to the east.

Mazer was again being a storyteller since she was telling a lot of stuffs about her and her life with her owner. I actually think I learned a lot of good stuffs from her about what dogs don't like and what they like.

Also, Mazer tend to get strange speech interruptions today that I find strange. She get to suddenly be muted as if preoccupied before she will burst out something else to say... I didn't bother it anymore and only kept my pace after her until we have gone to an open field on the mountain when we have decided to take a short-cut route and we trailed away from the main road.

After a while, we were again back in the woods with some trees and I kept my senses up on alert if ever we encounter trouble again.

"Aren't you confident about yourself at all, Kaori??"

"Why do you ask?? I didn't volunteer to answer that riddle because I know one of my groupmates already knew the answer... Besides, our team still won that riddle game my teacher made us play~ And I am not really good in standing out or getting attention unlike Rei-chan..."

"Eh? Who is Rei-chan???"

I got muted when Mazer asked me already and I wasn't able to process anything at the moment but I kept up with my pace and Mazer already was looking at me while still on the lead.

"Hm~ Just someone I know... Anyways, why do you dogs actually try to ran in circle to catch your tails anyways?? I always find it cute but I have no idea why you do that~"

I only clicked a question to divert the topic and Mazer quickly answered my question after she even demonstrated how she turn in circles trying to bite her tail and she was having fun by the looks of it. Her laughters resounded in my ear and it made me hear a certain voice from the background of my thoughts~

'I already know the answer to that riddle, Kaori! A voice!"

'That is right~ You can ask next then....'

'Ow~ But I only enjoy it if you are the one giving riddles and I will answer~ Do you have another one, Kaori??'

'Fine.. Then answer this, Rei-chan...~'

I was taken out from my train of thoughts when I hit my head on a shrub and Mazer turned her surprised look on me before she got bothered because we heard a strange moan. It was more like a cry... A boy's cry... A human cry from a distance and Mazer raced to where it was coming from so I cautiously followed after her.

When we reached a hiding spot after seeing the person who was crying, my eyes widened in wonderment and curiosity.

There on a nearby distance was a pit and we have spotted a kid to have been trapped in it and was crying. We were on a higher ground so we clearly saw how that boy around seven years old was sitting down in that pit wrapping his knees together and sobbing with his head faced down.

Poor boy~ Whatever the reason how he fell in that surely made him hopeless after failing to get out...

He seem to just be a normal boy and he was wearing plain gray t-shirt and shorts and sneakers with a packbag~ Hm~ I guess he tried to ran away home by the looks of it~

"We need to help that boy get out of there, Kaori~ I feel so bad for him..."

I heard the soft whisper of this golden breed who was lying low beside me from our hiding and he was looking so keenly into the pit.

The boy sobbed and sniffed and even wiped off his tears with his arms not verily attempting to calm down and stop crying.

"Mom~ Dad~ Help me out of here... I am sorry for what I did already~ Someone?? Can someone help me out?? I promise I will be a good boy already~ I don't want to ran away anymore~ I don't want to be eaten here by wild tigers~ I just want to go home... P-pleasee~"

We heard the boy and he is sobbing in between his words. So I guess he really tried to ran away and ended up falling in the pit... Maybe his house is nearby~

"Where are you going, Mazer??"

"To help that boy! My owner always teaches me that helping is a kind deed~ If anyone is in trouble, who else will help if there is no one but me??? That is what she always say~"

I tried to prevent Mazer but she already ran barking and she caught the attention of the boy who knowingly got up with a different expression on his face when he heard the assurance of help. Mazer drew to the pit and a smile etched on the boy's face upon seeing her.

"Huh?? Hey, there... Buddy, can you help me up?? Are you with a company?? Please send help, little bud~"

Mazer was actually speaking but I guess the boy only heard her barks.

"Kaori! Come on~ Help me figure out a way to help him out!"

"Are you serious?? He will freak out if he sees me~"

"But you gotta help even so~! Kaori~"

"Hey, bud?? Is someone with you?? Oh, great! Is my mom and dad with you?? I can get out now, right??"

The boy in the pit suddenly became excited when Mazer was glancing back and forth to me and calling me out that I only thought that the boy really heard her to be calling someone to help while barking.

I still didn't came out from hiding fearing that I might be in trouble if the boy panicked to see me. I guess I was too conscious~

However, Mazer dashed off and pulled me and pushed me to go to the pit nearer and kept persuading me to help out since she said that I can at least think like human...

The moment I was staring down in the pit, the look on the young boy's face grew horrified and he curled himself down in fear.

Mazer barked again speaking as I can understand and she tried to play along with me that, sooner, the boy felt a bit at ease after likely realizing that I am not harmful thanks to Mazer's tactic of acting buddy-buddy with me.

When the boy was already calmed, I was also persuaded my the golden breed to help out so I pulled the nearest vine I can get with the aid of my sharp teeth and we used it for the boy to climb right out of the pit while we pulled the vine around the tree.

The boy mainly struggled to get out of the pit and he exhaled in relief when he was out before he knowingly dragged his packbag nearer to him and he was sitting on the ground when he met my sight. He was looking at me as if judging that I am not going to harm him since I am wolf.

Normally, wolves are afraid of humans but humans also got the instincts to fear wild animals at first glance and in places like this... The boy was simply not fully comfortable having me around but all doubts vanished when Mazer ran up to him and cheered him up by licking his cheek which ended for a blending chuckle and I only sat down from where I was and watched them.

🐺🐶🐾🐶🐺
🍁AerixielDaiminse🍁