I got diagnosed with cool guy syndrome yesterday haha-

Kendaichi P.O.V

No one really knows what happened to him, he just disappeared 3 seashells ago. But now that we're on the topic of our pod members, might as well tell you what happened to them.

Kyoutani self destructed after getting into a fight with captain. They got into a little fight, which turned into a big fight. What were they fighting about? Iwaizumi. Iwaizumi died protecting Oikawa from a poisonous shark. He didn't die right off, we did everything thing we could to keep him alive, we were only guppies back then. We would have went to the adults, but they couldn't do anything about it, once you're ill or something along that line, you're fated to die, so they probably wouldn't have tried to help us. We kept him alive for 37 days and then....he was gone.

Mad shark would always blame Oikawa for Iwaizumi-senpai's death but Oikawa never picked a fight or yelled at him about it, he accepted it. Just 4 seashells ago did it get physical.

They were beating the fuck out of each other, someone finally got them away from each other, but almost immediately after kyoutani self destructed.

Kyoutani died at age 12.
Iwaizumi died at age 8.
Hanamaki went missing at age 14, but was announced dead.

Why doesn't Oikawa remember Iwa? Kunimi erased his memories. Why? Once a mermaid or merman feels an intense amount of pain and/or sadness it can cause them to self destruct or explode from sadness, turning into sea foam, like mad shark. Iwaizumi's death affected a lot of us, but not as much as it affected captain and Kyoutani.

When Hanamaki went missing, yea everyone was worried and sad but we still believe he's out there somewhere, even if he's announced dead. So, no one is so sad they'd corrupt and explode, so kunimi didn't have to erase any memories.

Kyotani's death was big, everyone was very depressed, he may of caused trouble and didn't obey but he was still apart of this team and we all love each other. Yahaba was strong, he held it together, he didn't wanna have to forget about someone he loved so much, so kunimi agreed not to erase his memories.

After losing Iwa we had to cope with it, we tried to be strong for Oikawa but that wasn't enough. He'd cry and cry 'Iwa-chan, Iwa-chan, why did you leave me? Is it really my fault?' all the time. No one liked seeing him that way, we knew if we continued letting him weep he'd die soon. So after kyoutani had passed, we had no choice but to take the pain away, we had to erase his memories. He thought he had no friends back then, but we had to keep our distance so he could discover us on his own, cause Iwa is who introduced us to him. Anything that had to do with Iwa, was erased.

I wish....we could have done the same for Mad shark. I wish he had opened up about how he felt, we could have helped. We all love and miss Iwaizumi, we were going through the loss together, but......he went through it alone and it- "Kindaichi?" Everyone was gathered around me.

"Huh?" I responded. "You're crying." Kunimi said, I looked down and the ground was decorated with sea glass.

"Is everything alright?" Matsukawa asked, I nodded. "Sorry. I was thinking about something-"

"Is it Tobio-chan again?" Oikawa asked, raising an eyebrow. Kunimi was ready to hit me if I was thinking about him. "N-no! It's M- nothing. Really."

"If you don't wanna talk about it, we won't force you, just don't hold it in for too long." Yahaba said, making strong eye contact with me. "O-of course. Don't worry senpai. "