CHAPTER 18

The encounter with my mother that had taken place four days ago had begun to take a backseat in my mind. If there was one thing I was good at, it was pushing thoughts away. Fred was the only one who knew about what had happened and he had promised me that he wouldn't tell anyone. When the time is ripe, I will them myself.

I was still worried for my mother but I decided to trust Fred when he said that everything was going to be alright.

On the other hand, other important things had kept me distracted.

For starters, the final task was the day after tomorrow and Cedric was a bundle of nerves yet again. Secondly, after Professor Moody had asked about my arm, I was convinced that something was definitely wrong.

Fred and I had caught him stealing supplies, he had practiced unforgivable curses on students and he always seemed to be drinking from that darned flask of his. Obviously, I had no evidence that there was something wrong. He was an Auror, If he was trusted by the ministry, I had no right to question him.

I shifted my focus to Amelie, who was sitting in front of me, looking downcast. We were in The Great Hall for lunch.

"Amelie, are you alright?" I asked, sipping from a cup of tea.

She looked exhausted, there were deep bags under her eyes.

"Yea, it's just- Ella and I are kind of in a rough spot right now" She sighed, running a hand through her blonde locks.

"What's wrong?"

"Well, she's tired of hiding our relationship. She came out of the closet a year ago and she wants me to try but I'm just not ready"

"Amelie, Ella can't force you into anything you don't want to do"

"I know but if she wasn't so darn cute it would be a lot easier to tell her that"

I chuckled, Amelie was lovestruck and it made me happy that she had something amazing going on with someone she really liked.

"Amelie this is your call, you either come out or you break up with her if she forces you to do it when you don't want to"

Amelie nodded.

"Aims I'm going to find Hermione and go to Hogsmeade with her, want to join us?"

"No I think I'll sit this one out"

I waved her goodbye and walked towards the entrance of the Great Hall where I saw Hermione putting on her coat.

"Hey Hermione!"

"Alice! I'm in a bit of a rush right now, can I talk to you later?"

"Are you going to Hogsmeade? Can I join you?"

"No!" She cried.

That was a bit rude.

"Sorry, I just uh..have a date with Viktor" She said in a more even tone.

"Oh alright, I'll ask Harry and Ron then"

"No you can't ask them!" She almost yelled again.

"Why not?" My face twisting into confusion.

"B-Because they're coming with me"

"On your date with Viktor? To what, supervise?" I asked.

"No, it's-I'll tell you later" Hermione turned around to walk away.

I noticed that her bag was open and something was falling out of it.

"Hermione?"

"Yea?"