CHAPTER 35

A/N: For those of you who may be confused, I have skipped to the part where they are fighting the death eaters. Hope you don't mind :)

I found myself surrounded by the death eaters. It was me, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Neville and Luna against them. Luna's ankle had broken and she could barely move. We held our wands up, standing back to back and fighting off the death eaters when suddenly, some other witches and wizards joined us.

I looked to see Nymphadora, Sirius, Remus, Moody and a few other people who I recognised from the Ministry.

They helped us as we fought the death eaters.

"Expelliarmus" I yelled, waving my wand at one death eater who was running towards me.

"Stupefy!" I shot a spell at another who was right behind him.

My wrist was hurting as I had banged it earlier when Lucius had tried to grab the prophecy from Harry.

Lucius has seen me, but he took no notice. As far as he was concerned, he didn't know me. My mother had made him and Narcissa promise that he had to pretend that I wasn't alive so that Voldemort wouldn't find out.

I watched as Harry shot a spell at Lucius, stunning him. Suddenly, Bellatrix appeared and started duelling with Sirius.

In a matter of a few seconds, I saw a spell hit Sirius square into the chest. His eyes rolled to the back of his head and he fell into the veil, disappearing from our sights.

"NO!" Harry yelled, trying to follow Sirius.

"Harry no! Don't follow him" Remus cried, holding back Harry by the arms.

I watched as Harry yelled in agony. My heart sank to the floor. Sirius couldn't be dead, he couldn't.

Before I had the chance to say anything, a hand suddenly rested on my shoulder and pulled me back into the darkness. I turned around to meet face to face with a death eater.

Before I could lift my wand to shoot a spell at him/ her, the death eater unmasked themselves.

My eyes widened in shock and my arms hung limply by my sides. I opened my mouth to say something but no sound came out.

"Hello Alice" he smiled at me.

"Father" I managed to whisper.

"What on earth are you doing here? You were supposed to be safe, in Hogwarts!" He whisper-yelled.

I didn't know what to say, I was meeting my father after a long time.

My father grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the room, up the stairs and into the main hall of the Ministry where no one was in sight.

"If he sees you, we're all going to be punished!" My father yelled.

I snapped back to my senses, recovering from the initial shock.

"Where's mum?" I asked.

"She isn't a death eater, she's with Narcissa" my father said.

Hesitantly, he placed both his hands on my shoulders and hugged me awkwardly. I didn't hug him back so he pulled away.

"Darling, I just want to tell you how sorry I am for all the trouble I've caused you and your mum. I really do miss you, not being able to see my daughter is terrible" He looked at me with his striking green eyes.

I remembered those same eyes, looking at me in concern when I fell from a park swing at the age of two. Those eyes watching me in amusement as I managed to levitate a bowl of porridge and drop it on my mother's head at the young age of one.