CHAPTER 52

I was on my way back from the owlery, I had received a note from my mother.

"Alice?"

"What?" I turned around, coming face to face with Jenna. I had given her a nickname, Jennasty. Not a very cool nickname but it had to do till I came up with a better one.

"Do you know where I'm applying for a job next year?" she said, her arms crossed.

"I don't actually care"

"Well I'll tell you anyway, Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes" she said.

Excellent.

"Jenna, I don't give a flying fuck" I said. And I meant it. She could get a job wherever she wanted, I wasn't going to get in the way.

She wasn't very impressed with the answer, she obviously wanted to get a rise out of me.

"Now if you excuse me, I have better things to do" I said, turning on my heel and walking back to The Hufflepuff Common Room. I had to go to sleep early today.

I pocketed the note that I had received just a few minutes ago from my mother.

'I'll explain everything to you later, I'm sorry I hid her from you' is what it said.

So she was hiding something from me, and it was definitely something big.

.

It was 11:30 PM. The members of the order were guarding Hogwarts outside as the students lay asleep in their dorms. I was wide awake, and somewhere in the Slytherin common room, so was Draco.

I carefully slipped out of my bed and into the dark halls of Hogwarts, making sure no one could hear me. My heart was beating fast. What I was about to do, what we were about to do, was going to have some serious consequences.

It could determine our futures. If we failed, my parents would be dead with a flick of a wand. When I finally reached the Room of Requirement, Draco was already outside, pacing in front of the wall as the door slowly began to appear.

"You remember our plan don't you?" he whispered to me. I nodded in response.

We had stayed up last night, coming up with a proper plan, going over it again and again until it was etched in to our brains.

Draco pushed the door open and we walked to the Vanishing Cabinet. A few moments from now, death eaters would be emerging from it. Before he could open the cabinet, we heard some noises out in the hallway.

"It's bloody cold out here" said someone.

"That's Ron!" I whispered to Draco.

"Potter got his slimy friends to patrol the corridors" said Draco.

Draco pulled the cabinet open and after a minute, the death eaters appeared in it.

Corban Yaxley, Fenrir Greyback, Amycus Carrow, Alecto Carrow, Thorfinn Rowle and Gibbon walked out of the cabinet, taking in their surroundings.

"You two have done an excellent job" said Yaxley in his serpent like voice.

"Lived up to your dark marks huh?" said Amycus, glancing at our left forearms.

"Listen to me all of you, I will use Peruvian Instant darkness powder out in the halls so that you can escape without being seen. You will follow Draco who will be visible because he has a Hand of glory, but you will not hurt any other students in the corridor" I said, ignoring Amycus' remarks.

The death eaters nodded hesitantly.

"Alecto will cast the dark mark over the Astronomy tower to bring Dumbledore there. I will take you to the Astronomy Tower and Rowle will put a curse on the entrance so that no one but a death eater can enter. All of you will corner Dumbledore and I will disarm him before finally finishing him off" said Draco proudly.