CHAPTER 85

Draco's POV:

I got up from the ground, rubbing my back. Goyle was beside me and he got up too.

"Crabbe's dead" he said quietly.

"I know"

I couldn't believe it. I willed myself not to think about it, now wasn't the time to mourn.

I looked down at the rubble and my eyes widened at the sight.

"Alice!" I yelled, running towards the two bodies lying amongst the rubble.

Fred had her wrapped in his arms and her head rested against his chest. If I hadn't known better, I would've thought they were fast asleep.

"NO!" cried a red-headed man, running towards their bodies.

I bent over to Alice, her face covered with blood and dirt. She couldn't be dead, please don't let her be dead.

The red-headed man who I recognised as Percy Weasley looked up at me.

"Please, you have to help me" he said, his hands resting under his brother's head. I looked at the two of them reluctantly.

"Greg! Come here" I called out to him.

"What is it?"

"I need your help, take Weasley's body back to The Great Hall" I said as I picked Alice up in my arms, walking towards The Great Hall.

It took everything in me to control the sobs that were beginning to rise in my throat. I hated this, I didn't want her to die and believe it or not, I didn't want Weasley to die either. Not because I liked him, but because he wasn't a very bad person.

When I entered The Great Hall I saw a row of dead bodies covered with white sheets on the ground.

I put her down on an empty stretcher. Behind me, Greg used his wand to levitate Fred's body before resting it on the stretcher next to Alice's.

Madame Pomfrey rushed over to me when she saw me next to the dead bodies.

"Please don't die" I murmured.

Madame Pomfrey checked Fred's pulse.

"Is he alive?" I asked.

"No" she said, covering his body with a sheet.

Suddenly, I heard Amycus call out to me, I couldn't be seen anywhere near Alice so I jumped up and left the two of them in The Great Hall, praying to Merlin that Alice wasn't dead.

I passed by The Weasleys who had noticed Alice's and Fred's body. They rushed up to them, cries rising from their throats.

.

Alice's POV:

'Why is my broomstick lowering to the ground?' I thought to myself. I was able to see a green patch below me. My broomstick lowered on its own accord, I had lost all control of it.

When I reached the ground, I got off from the stick and dropped it. I could see nothing but miles and miles of green grass around me.

Suddenly, I saw a tall, hazy figure approach me.

"Fred?"

"Alice?"

"Where are we?" I asked.

"I don't know, but that was a lovely flight wasn't it? On the broomstick?" he asked. I tried to reach my hand out to touch him but my hand went straight through him, like it would a ghost.

"You flew too?" I said.

"Of course I did"

He strained his neck up as if trying to hear something. I could hear it too, voices. Vague, muffled voices: "She's alive! She's alive!"