CHAPTER 69

"And if your owl is kind of smelly, stuff its face in a bowl of jelly!"

I opened my eyes to see Fred standing at door of the bathroom, pulling on a t-shirt and a sweater, singing that awful nursery rhyme written by The Weird Sisters. I pulled the pillow over my head.

"Shut up Fred" I groaned.

"Or what Malvolio?" He pounced on top of the bundle of blankets under which I was lying, trying to go back to sleep.

"Or I'll punch you"

"Hmm, I was hoping for more of a kiss or something of the sort" said Fred.

"In your dreams Weasley"

"Well that's not what you were saying last night when I was on top-"

The door flew open to reveal George standing there, looking worried. When he saw the both of us on the bed, his face twisted into an expression of disgust.

"I hope I haven't caught you in a compromising position" he said cheekily.

"You would have if you had barged in just a few minutes later" Fred muttered under his breath, getting off from the bed. George didn't hear him.

"What's wrong George? You look like you've just seen you-know-who, or faced angry mum, I don't know which one's scarier" shuddered Fred.

"It's Ron, I'm about 99% sure he has gone berserk" said George, asking us to follow him.

I suddenly realised that I wasn't wearing any clothes and the only thing that was covering me was the white blanket, thankfully George hadn't seemed to notice as I was completely covered.

"Um, I'll be down in a minute, you guys go ahead" Fred looked confused but then his eyes widened as he remembered and a grin reached his face.

"C'mon Fred" George said impatiently. Fred followed him, making sure to shut the door behind him.

I removed the blanket and hurried into the bathroom after grabbing my bag. I brushed my teeth, took a quick shower, dried myself and put on some clothes, finally looking a bit more presentable. I decided to skip brushing out my hair and quickly tied it up in a bun, distracted by what George had said about Ron.

I dashed out of my room and into the kitchen to see Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Bill, Fleur, Fred and George staring at the front door. Ron was nowhere to be seen.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Ron went back. He's back with Harry and Hermione, wherever they are" said George in disbelief.

"Why did he come home in the first place?" Fred crossed his arms.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were in shock as Bill and Fleur tried to talk to them, telling them that Ron would be alright.

"Did he say why he wanted to go back?" I asked.

"He just kept mumbling Hermione's name" said George, falling into an armchair and rubbing his eyes.

"We mustn't fret, there isn't anything we can do, on to the table for breakfast" Mrs. Weasley said, wiping the tears from her eyes. I really admired her for her strength, it wasn't easy to know that her son was possibly in mortal danger.

We all seated ourselves at the table, Fred sat opposite me.

While I was helping myself to some tea, he glanced at me and his eyes widened as if I had grown another head.

He looked around to make sure no one was watching him then silently pointed at me and then his neck. I twisted my eyebrows in confusion. He kept pointing to his neck. Was there something on my neck?