CHAPTER 80

I woke up feeling rather tired, I looked to my side to see that Fred wasn't there and got off from the bed, rubbing my eyes as I walked to the bathroom for a shower. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and saw that my face was puffy from sleep, I still felt slightly nauseous. It had been two weeks since my first nausea attack on Fred and George's birthday and I had had a couple more after that.

I didn't tell Fred about it because I didn't want him to have another thing to worry about, besides, it was nothing serious.

When I went downstairs, I saw Hermione and Luna, sitting on a couch and talking amongst themselves.

"Hey" I said, walking over to them.

"Good Afternoon" said Luna.

"Afternoon?" I said, sitting next to them.

"It's 1 PM" Hermione snorted, looking amused.

"That's odd, how did I end up sleeping for that long?" I wondered out loud.

I leaned my head back, closing my eyes.

"You look tired Alice, what's the matter?" asked Luna.

"I don't know, I think it's food poisoning. I've been feeling nauseous every morning for the past two weeks and I've just been so tired.."

"It could be Gallywort fever" said Luna.

"What's that?" I smiled, Luna knew a lot about undiscovered magical creatures and it really interested me.

"Caused by Gallywortis, they're tiny organisms that float in the air" said Luna, holding her hand mid-air and closing her fist, as if she was trying to catch something.

"Well it could be that, or the popcorn back at the cinema hall" I said.

"But Alice, that was three weeks ago. Surely it would've been alright by now" said Hermione, looking concerned.

She was right, but if it wasn't food poisoning, what was it?

Suddenly, Hermione's eyes widened.

"Alice, come here a minute" she got up from the couch and asked me to follow her. She lead me to the guest bathroom and shut the door behind her.

"You know if you wanted to shag me you could've just asked" I smirked, crossing my arms and leaning against the counter, "I'd totally cheat on Fred for you" I joked.

"Shut up, this is important" she said, the expression on her face saying that this wasn't the time for jokes.

"Okayy, you're scaring me a little 'Mione"

"When was your last period?" she asked.

I tried to recall the date.

"I think it finished around the 4th of March" I said.

"That mean's you've missed this month's cycle, and you've been feeling nauseous" she put it together and I realised what she was getting at.

"No, no that couldn't be it. It's impossible!" I said.

"Condoms break Alice, if you had read 'Guide to Good Health for Witches' you would've known that by now"

"I'm quite sure the condom didn't break Hermione we've always been very careful-" Suddenly I remembered something. My expression must have shown it because Hermione read my mind.

"You forgot to use protection didn't you?" she said angrily, crossing her arms.

It was the night after I had visited my mother, Fred and I were too engrossed with each other and forgot about using protection.

"Shit" I covered my face with my hands, this really wasn't a great time to be pregnant.

"Fleur has some pregnancy tests in her bathroom, I saw them there once. I'll go get it for you" Hermione said.

I nodded nervously and we walked out of the bathroom to see George, Fred and Emma sitting on the table, having a very serious conversation. When they heard the door of the bathroom shut, their heads snapped up and they looked like a trio of deer caught in headlights. George's lips widened in an amused smirk when he saw me and Hermione together.

"Fred I think your girlfriend's cheating on you, now you can't very well ask her to-"

Fred and Emma coughed loudly and shot a look at George who shut up immediately.

"Hey Al" Fred said, smiling at me as I sat next to him.

"Hey" I said, nervously. If I really was going to have a baby, how would I tell Fred about it? I pushed the thought away, for all I knew, it was just a false alarm. Hermione could be wrong. Yes, she was definitely wrong.

"Um, Alice, I'll be back" said Hermione, and she headed upstairs. I knew that she was going to get the pregnancy tests.

"How come you're up only now?" asked Fred.

"I-I didn't sleep well last night" I lied. I had slept perfectly well.

"That's a lie, I was up almost the whole night and you were fast asleep" said Fred, narrowing his eyes.

"N-no, I was awake you just didn't-"

"Alice I need to talk to you for a moment" Hermione said walking down the stairs, her pocket bulging with something. I was thankful for the interruption. Fred looked at me and then at Hermione, trying to figure out what was going on.

I followed Hermione to the upstairs bathroom in my room and she pulled out a box from her pocket.

"These are some muggle pregnancy sticks, all you have to do is pee on them"

"Pee on them? Why can't we use the non-muggle ones, you don't have to pee on those"

"Fleur doesn't have those, anyway, when you pee on them some pink lines will appear. Two lines means you're pregnant and one line means you're not. Take a couple of tests to be sure" said Hermione, handing me three sticks.

I took them in my hand and entered the bathroom.

"I'll wait here for you" she said, as I shut the door.

I looked at the sticks in my hand and took a deep breath. I wasn't ready for this, I wasn't ready to find out, I wasn't even ready to have a baby!

I looked at the instructions on the box and followed them. Once I was done, I waited for the results.

I could feel my heart almost beating out of my chest, I was not very sure what I wanted the results to be. After the waiting time was over, I took another deep breath, trying not to avert my eyes from the sticks.

By the time I saw my results, my heart was racing a million miles an hour. I threw the sticks in the empty bin next to the toilet and washed my hands.

I opened the door and stepped out of the bathroom to see a nervous Hermione pacing the room, her arms crossed over her chest. When she saw me she walked over quickly.

"So? What is it?"

--