CHAPTER 73

Alice's POV:

"Alice? Wake up" 

I heard a dreamy voice wake me up from my sleep. I opened my eyes to see none other than Luna Lovegood, looking down at me.

"Luna?" I said, my voice croaky. When I tried to get up, my head pounded and my hand immediately flew up to the side of my head to ease the pain. I realised that there was a piece of cloth wrapped around my head.

"Hello Alice, your head was bleeding so I wrapped a bit of my t-shirt on it, I hope that's okay" she said calmly.

"Th-thank you Luna" I said, coming into a seating position.

"What's going on?" I noticed three other people in the dungeon, a goblin, a boy and another old wizard. They were all fast asleep.

"You've been out for a couple of days, you must have hit your head pretty hard. Fortunately, I know how to fix these things" she said, pointing at my head.

"Thank you Luna, but what are you doing here?" I asked, confused as to what Luna was doing in a prison in Malfoy Manor.

"Snatchers took me from the train to Hogwarts, I've been here a while now. It hasn't been terrible, I've had these lovely people for company. And I've got the guzzknots to keep me busy"

I didn't know what guzzknots were and I didn't ask.

"A death eater gives us food twice a day, it isn't very good food though, nothing like the soup my father makes back at home" Luna said, looking into the distance.

As if on cue, four plates came floating into the dungeon. They each had a piece of bread, boiled carrots and a glass of water on it. I looked at it in disgust.

I didn't have a choice, I hadn't eaten in two days and I was starving, I picked at the dry bread and put some in my mouth, chewing slowly.

"Mr. Ollivander, Dean? And Mr. Griphook? Here are your plates" Luna said, placing the plates in front of them as they ate in silence.

"Dean?"

The boy looked at me, it was Dean Thomas.

"Alice?"

He wonkily got on his feet and walked over to me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Snatchers, I'm muggle born" he shrugged.

"And how's Seamus?" I asked.

"I really hope he's fine back at Hogwarts" Dean sighed, slumping down on to the ground next to me. I was glad that I had Luna and Dean to talk to, at least I wasn't completely alone.

I thought back to the events that had happened a couple of days ago, my mother, tortured by my very own father. I doubted that she was alright, she had had the curse performed on her for a very long time and when I had left her to go to the dungeon, she had a dazed look on her face.

Merlin knew if she was alright or not.

And what about Fred? He must have figured it all out by now. I only hoped that he didn't try to come to the Manor, it was dangerous and the snatchers and death eaters wouldn't hesitate to kill him.

Suddenly I heard a commotion upstairs, I tried to listen as best as I could.

"You have to get out of here. Right now" said a familiar voice.

"I'm not leaving without her"

Fred.

Fucking Fred. What the fuck was he doing here? He was putting himself in danger!