CHAPTER 19

Third of April. The day of the final task. For some reason unknown to me, I was very excited. Excited for Cedric and for Harry. The both of them had done really well so far, even if they did receive a little help from each other.

Dusk was approaching and along with it, nervous chatter of students in the halls. This was it, this was going to determine which champion would take the title home.

"All students will assemble at the Quidditch pitch" Professor McGonagall announced.

I walked with Cedric to the grounds, he was awfully quiet.

"Alice?"

"Yea?"

"I'll be able to do this won't I?" Cedric looked down at his shoes as he walked.

"Cedric, listen to me" I stopped him by placing my hands firmly on his shoulders and turning him around to face me.

"You know that I believe in you, but that isn't enough. You have to believe in yourself. This is just another silly task, it'll be over in the next few hours and you might even be holding the cup in your hands for all I know. You're Cedric Diggory, and you're going to win the damn tournament" I grinned.

His face broke out in a smile and he hugged me. I hugged him back, feeling proud that I could call myself his friend.

"I don't know what I'd do without you" He mumbled.

"Oh shh, now go out there and kick some arse!" I said, punching him on the shoulder.

He grinned and turned around, walking towards where the other champions were standing.

"How was your lovey-dovey moment with Cedric?" I felt an arm being placed around my shoulders and I looked up to see the familiar brown eyes of Fred Weasley.

"We would've kissed if we weren't surrounded by so many people" I joked.

We started walking towards the bleachers, Fred's arm still resting on my shoulders.

"Well I'm glad that there were many people around-"

"Fred is that you?" I heard a female voice call.

"Hey mum, and it's George, not Fred" Fred removed his arm from my shoulders and walked up to a middle-aged lady with the same red hair as Fred. I shook my head, surely he couldn't fool his own mother?

"Oh, sorry George" she said. Apparently he could.

His mother glanced at me and then back at Fred, a small smile appearing on her lips.

"Care to introduce me to your friend?" 

Fred motioned me towards him.

"Alice, meet my mother, Molly"

"It is so nice to meet you Mrs. Weasley" I smiled at her.

"Lovely to meet you dear, I hope George isn't too annoying of a friend" She chuckled.

"Oh no, he's been pretty good so far" I said, not blowing Fred's 'cover'.

"Yes, well, he is my favourite twin, George" Molly whispered to us.

"Hey! I thought I was the favourite!" Fred cried.

"They think I can't tell between the two of them. I think you're forgetting that you're my sons" Molly smirked before waving us goodbye and walking away to meet Ron.

"I love your mum already" I laughed.

"Great, maybe you'll be her next favourite daughter" he said as we sat down on the seats.