CHAPTER 89

The next couple of weeks were spent in reopening the joke shop. Everything was finally going back to normal. Diagon Alley sprung back to life like it always had, students from Hogwarts came to buy their materials and Weasley's & Weasley's was doing even better than usual.

I had decided to look for a job, and the first place to go to was The Ministry. After eating breakfast with Fred and George and helping them empty a carton of Pygmy Puffs, I apparated into the Ministry and entered through the visitor's entrance. Almost 9 months ago, Fred and I had infiltrated The Ministry of Magic to save Bella.

I had seen an advertisement for wanted posts in The Department of Magical Games and Sports, I just wasn't sure what posts they were talking about. Since I was particularly skilled at Quidditch, I thought it would be a good idea to check it out.

Since I hadn't attended my last year at Hogwarts, my options were limited, there were only so many jobs I could apply for.

I made my way to the seventh floor and approached the receptionist.

"Good Morning, I'm here for the wanted posts, I sent an owl earlier" I said to the wizard behind the desk.

"Name please" he said robotically.

"Alice Malvolio"

"And what post are you applying for?"

"What posts are available?" I asked, "It wasn't mentioned in the advertisement"

He pulled out a piece of parchment and handed it to me, "Just check whichever ones you want to" he said lazily.

I skimmed through the job offers,

Quidditch Player (Chaser) for The Applyby Arrows, Quidditch World Cup Committee (Junior assistant), Quidditch wear designer (Junior assistant), Broomstick regulation Committee (Office Clerk), Hogwarts Flying Professor.

The first one caught my eye, would I be skilled enough to make it on the team? Guess I'd have to find out. I checked the first and the second one and handed it to the receptionist.

"Quidditch trials are on the 25th of August, more than a month from now. I'll put your name down for it. You can go for the Junior Assistant interview in five minutes if you'd like" he said.

"Already?"

"There aren't many people currently applying for jobs in the sports department, they've been trying to rebuild their homes and families after the war. Two players in The Appleby Arrows have been permanently injured hence the open spots" he said.

He gave me the directions to the World Cup Committee office and I followed it before finally arriving in a large hall full of witched and wizards handling paperwork on their desks. I walked up to one of them.

"Where can I find Mr. Goryn Jenkins?" I asked a young lady.

"Right over there" she pointed to a door opposite her desk, I thanked her and went towards the office. I had no clue what I was getting myself into, I wasn't even sure what the job was for.

"Come in" said a grumbly voice before I could even knock.

"Good Morning Mr. Jenkins, I'm Alice Malvolio. I'm here for the interview for the junior assistant post"

"Ah! Yes, please, have a seat"

"Mr. Jenkins, could you tell me what would be expected of me as a junior assistant?"

"There isn't much to it. Handle all the paperwork directed to me, sort it into folders, make sure to reply to the ones that need replying too, attend small meetings to make notes, the usual" he shrugged.