CHAPTER 61

Today was the day of the wedding. Bill and Fleur had woken up early and were getting ready for the ceremony. Bella was hanging out with Fleur's sister, the two had become good friends. Mrs. Weasley was busy in the kitchen and Arthur, Charlie and Fleur's parents were outside, finishing some last minute arrangements.

Ron, Hermione, Harry, Fred, George and I were eating lunch at the table, we had spent all morning and afternoon helping everyone else. Harry, Hermione and Ron were having a very serious discussion amongst themselves. Suddenly, there was a loud knock on the door.

"I'll get it" said Ron, pushing his chair back.

"NO!" Fred and I yelled simultaneously.

Everyone looked at the both of us as if we had gone mad.

"What we..uh..I mean is that maybe George should go see who it is" stuttered Fred.

"Why should I go?" whined George.

"Just go see who it is please" I pleaded.

"You guys are being really weird" George said, pushing his chair back and leaving the kitchen to go open the door.

Fred and I gave each other a loud high-five.

"What on earth are you two up to?" Hermione asked.

"You'll see" I said.

Just then, Emma walked in to the living room, a small rucksack slung on her shoulder. George walked in behind us, shooting dirty looks at me and Fred.

But the blush was prominent on his cheeks.

"Hey, I'm Emma. I work at the joke shop" Emma smiled at Hermione, Harry and Ron.

"Thanks for inviting me George" Emma said to George.

"Uhm, not at all, I'm glad to have you here" George said.

He really did get nervous around girls which was a bit odd considering that everyone back at Hogwarts used to think that he was one of those people who could woo anyone with their charm. Maybe Fred was a bit more like that.

"None of you have even started getting ready yet! The ceremony is in an hour! Hurry up now all of you" Mrs. Weasley said. She was wearing a lovely green dress that quite suited her.

We all bounded up the stairs and into our respective rooms, Emma joined me, Hermione and Ginny.

"So..Emma, George invited you huh? Isn't that sweet?" I smirked, removing my dress from the bag.

"Yea" she blushed, not making eye-contact with me. She took her own dress from her bag before disappearing into the bathroom to change.

"Alice that's a beautiful dress" Ginny said, looking at the dress in my hand.

It was a light, baby lavender dress and it was an off-shoulder. It stopped just above my knees.

"Thanks Ginny" I said.

I put the dress on, making sure that it didn't crush and form any wrinkles. For my hair, I braided two thick strands on either side of my face and then tied them back, leaving the rest of my hair down.

After applying some light makeup, I looked in the mirror one last time to see that everything was in place. I had gotten ready much before everyone else so I made my way down the hall to Fred and George's room and knocked on their door.

"Come in!"

I pushed the door open to see Fred standing in front of the mirror, staring in disbelief at the knot he had managed to make around his neck with his tie. He was wearing a crisp white shirt with a maroon vest Mrs. Weasley had forced him to put on. He looked at me and his mouth immediately felt open.