36

"Start"

"I get you, but I'm not changing my mind. I'm doing it, no matter what. Because, just like what you said...change, I also want to change. And...I'll start with you."

"She cannot be serious right now." I breathed out, staring in disbelief. She held the microphone making me almost run towards her, but was stopped by Jungkook. "Minji, what the hell do you think you're doing?!" He whisper-shouted, holding my arm firmly. "No, let me go. Is she crazy?!"

"Minji-"

"Let me go!"

"Baby-"

"No!!"

"Come o-"

"Let go!!!"

"I swea-"

"Jungko-"

"Isnt this what you want?!" I froze at his sudden outburst. The others looked at us concerned, including Granpa. He dragged me outside by my wrist. "Jungkook, let me-"

"No."

When we reached the hall, he let me go. Looking at me with fierce eyes. "What has gotten to you, huh? Where did the anger go? The determination to win? You, crying in the corner, You, screaming at me because of how useless you are because you lost! Where did that go, now?"

I didnt reply, simply looking to my side, face full of worry, guilt, anger, frustration, everything. I thought everything was fine, but what's happening to me?

"Whats wrong?"

"Jungkook.." I shook my head, brows furrowed. "Wha- I just can't. I cant let her do that. Jungkook, the humiliatio-"

"You care too much, that's why. She cheated, isn't that enough?!"

"I dont know!"

He sighed. Staring at me as I look everywhere but him, fumbling with my fingers. "Baby.."

My breath hitched. "Dont call me that in this situation." I glared at him, and he sheepishly chuckled. "Why not? You're my baby."

"Yeah yeah, shut up."

"Minji." He turned serious once again, catching me off guard. "This is the right thing she should do, whether the outcome is bad or good for her, that doesnt matter anymore. What matters is she did the right thing, and we can atleast forgive her if she did that."

"If we wont let her do that then she'll never learn, she would never stop, and stay the same as she is now. She wouldn't learn her lesson and stay immature." He held both of my hands with a concerned and worried face. "You understand?" I looked at our held hands, and nodded.

I tighten my grip on his hands making him laugh, pulling me into a hug. "Your such a great person."

"I'm not." I protested with my face buried in the side of his face. "You grew taller." He whispered, but I ignored him. I'm not even that tall, I'm like 5 inches below his height. Well, I guess I'm tall, but not as tall as him. Dad has height, so I guess me and my brothers are lucky.

"I'm not a nice person." I repeated, wrapping my arms around his torso. "I just feel guilt, and understand her situation. So it's much more harder to not care and worry about her."

"All person have hearts, even if they committed murders and such. They feel hurt, and worry. They just dont show it. I, on the other hand, cant control it."

"Everything is going to be fine~" He sang on my ear, stroking my pony tail.

-

Entering the stadium, all we can hear is gasps around the place. "Dont tell me-"

"Hold your sel-"

"Jungkook-"

"Minji we just talked about this, hold my hand and stay." He interlocked our hands together.

"I'm so sorry. I am totally guilty. And I would never do it again, including.."

"Including Karate."

"What?!" I shouted, but luckily, the others didnt hear, because the stadium were way too loud. "Why?" I looked up to Jungkook, but all he did was stare at the ground, emotionless. "I dont know."

"Th- Jungkook let go of me before-"

"How could you do that?!" A fan screeched, making the other ones follow. Now, everyone was asking, shouting, booing, and humiliating her.

I shook my head in disbelief, slapping Jungkooks hand away. "Min-"

I grabbed the microphone from her hands. "STOP!" I shouted, clearing the atmosphere.

What am I doing?

I shakily looked at Jungkook, he just gave me a soft smile making me calm down a bit. H-hes not mad? I took a deep breath. "What are you doing-" I cut Areum by speaking through the microphone.

"Everybody can make mistakes, but that doesnt mean we should just easily forgive them after all they've done. Anger can't be avoided, but holding onto that is the worst thing you could do."

Everyone stayed quiet, making my nervousness rose. "I-I....that's all. Uhm, dont send hate, e-educate those who needed to be educated. And uhm, the only way- way- uh.." I took a deep breath.

"The only way you can achieve your dream is so do it step by step."

"Skipping a step in the stairs can make you fall and lose your balance, either you're going up or down." I smiled slightly. "If everyone's moving too fast, then let them be, you have you're own pace."

"If ever you fell, then go up again. But make sure, you wont make a step and finish it all even if you're feet aches. I know this is a boring quote but, Everythings worth it in the end."

"A-areum..." I placed the microphone down to talk to her in private, but was no use, since the whole stadium was dead quite, they can clearly hear me.

"You can always start over, whenever, wherever."

-

I just want to say, thank you so much for supporting me till the end.

And oh, stream apple lmao