Chapter 30

The Chicago shows were just as chaotic and extraordinary as they had been in Pasadena. Again, The Muse was put in a little space under the stage to watch on tv. Although she didn't want to be a burden, she really did want to see what it was like from the crowd. Maybe she could sneak out when everyone was busy and see for herself? With everyone busy doing their respective jobs, no one but her personal bodyguard Steve was paying any attention to her, and he was pretty good about following along without much fuss as long as she wasn't in danger. She got up and peeled out of her little curtained space, catching Steve's attention, "Do you need something, your Highness?"

"Seriously. Enough with the Highness crap. I want to see the stage. I don't think I will be in anyone's way if we go to the south entrance. I want to see all of the Army Bombs flashing and feel the excitement up close." Big crowds like this are exhausting to The Muse. She can feel the emotions of thousands of people all at once. But, it also comes with the exhilaration and energy of the crowd. It was an interesting mix. Min-Ho has been slowly schooling her on how to separate herself from all of the emotions of other people. Especially big crowds, as that could be terribly overwhelming.

Steve nodded and followed without a word, because he had learned in their time together that she was more likely to ask forgiveness rather than permission, and wouldn't listen anyway.

With most of the crew busy at the north entrance of the stage with the band, the Muse was able to sneak over by the backup dancers waiting for their cue to run on. They were focused on the stage, so none of them even glanced at her. Once they went on for their performance, she had a clear view. It was incredible! The lights from the bombs were flashing all of the colors of the rainbow in sync with the music. The noise of the fans was almost louder than the music, which in itself was so loud she felt like she had another heart beating in her chest. The rain made the dancing more dangerous, but it gave the lights and bombs a more ethereal look. It was beautiful!

She stood completely entranced with the sights and sounds, lost in the whole Bangtan stage experience, when Steve stepped in front of her, motioning that she needed to move back. She moved, annoyed at the loss of the moment. After he got her back in her little cubby, Steve said "You were seen. Several fans were photographing you. It is safer for you to stay here."

She cocked her head to the side and gave him a droll stare "So? They've all seen me before. In fact, I'm wearing a lot more clothes now. What's wrong with them catching me watching my Warriors?"

"It's a security issue, Highness." He said with a straight face. He knew how much calling her "Highness" irritated her. She was sure he did it to distract her from other things. But, damn if it didn't work.

She opened her mouth to argue with him some more when she saw Hobi run past, undressing as he went. Next came Taehyung, doing the same. One after another they

All ran past, getting their wardrobe changes done. It was time for their solo sets. Looking back up at Steve, she decided to stay quiet and pretend to be a good girl. She had no clue how they got dressed and back up on stage so fast, but as the first one up started their solo, The Muse hatched a little plan to get back over to see the rest. She knew the refreshments were near the south entrance, So she asked Steve for something to eat and drink. Nodding, he headed that direction. The Muse took off her shoes and in a flash was running the other direction, passing the other Warriors on her way. Giggling, because she knew she'd be caught, she made it to the north entrance and watched the end of Hobi's "Just Dance" performance. It was so energetic and amazing! She was still clapping when Jungkook popped up for "Euphoria". Watching him dance and fly across the stadium was an experience in itself. He looked so happy up there. All of them are such incredible performers. She was in awe.

As Euphoria ended, Steve made himself known. The Muse just gave him a big smile as he motioned for her to get back to her cubby. Making a mental note to try for the rest of the solos tomorrow, she went willingly. One day he will know that's a sign she was planning something, but for now she let him enjoy his ignorance.

She stayed with Yoongi again that night. He did get a little work done before letting Ferocious loose on her. He really was a beast when he got going. And she loved every second of it.

On the second night in Chicago, The Muse spent the first half plotting her run to see the others perform their solo stages. The second half of the concert was spent moping because Steve had brought friends, and her cubby was surrounded with security. Legs and arms crossed, she scowled as she watched the rest of the show on the TV. Again.

She was to stay with Taehyung that night. He found her fit of temper entertaining, promising to perform Singularity in the hotel room for her the next day. After they had dinner, they talked for hours. Again, with his english being minimal, and her korean being even worse, it took a while to tell their stories. But they did it. She was quite relieved he was willing to talk with her. He did give a long look to her sleepwear, but was determined to be a gentleman as they slept.

He wrapped his arms around her like a pillow, and pulled her close. Murmuring goodnight before they both fell into a blissful sleep.