Chapter 68

The Muse insisted on staying with Hoseok that night, preferring to stay far away from her husbands.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Hobi asked over dinner.

"I don't know what to say about it, Hobi.'' She said, a little testily. Despite asking for nachos for dinner, he got her steamed pork and ramyen. It was tasty enough, but not what she wanted. He swore it was healthier than nachos. Just another disappointment in the day. She was nit picking now, and was just wanting the day to end so she could sleep and wake up fresh tomorrow.

Hobi was watching her closely, "How about cake? I can order you a piece."

It took all she had not to glare at him.

"You'll get me cake, but won't let me have nachos? That makes no sense."

He nodded, "You're not in a very good mood today, Yeppeun. Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?"

She put down her chopsticks and sighed.

"It's complicated. I don't even know where to start."

"Try me." He said, crossing his arms and leaning back in his chair.

"Hobi," she started, standing up to pace around the room, "I was yanked out of my world and brought to my warriors. I went from being my own person, to being nothing more than..." she sighed, "I don't want to say it." She was getting more agitated as she spoke. She took a deep breath to try and calm herself. She turned to him, trying to remain calm,

"Do you remember everything Sejong said when he brought me to you?"

Hobi thought for a moment, then shook his head, "I can't say. It was such a shock. I was trying to pay attention to him, and trying to take in everything about you. It's all kind of a blur, if I'm being honest."

She nodded, "It all must be a blur to everyone else, too. Yes, I've reconnected with all seven. Yes, you all feed me and are patient with my having to be near one of you at all times." She sat on the bed, facing him, "I hate that I have to rely on all of you for every little thing. It grates on my pride. I don't want to ask for anything." she looked at the floor, "But, I don't have anything, Hobi. The only thing I have to my name is a toothbrush. I don't have any clothes that are mine, shoes that are mine, nothing."

Hoseok nodded, thinking he had it all figured out, "You want to go shopping? We can do that! We will get you a whole new wardrobe!"

Her shoulders sank, and The Muse had to fight the urge to cry yet again.

"It's not just the clothes Hobi. It's what they mean. My whole life is about my Warriors and my Husbands. But in the grand scheme of things, I mean very little to the same people I am connected to."

Sitting up straight, Hoseok was almost offended, "That's not true! It feels like you are everything to us now! Everything is about you."

She snorted at that.

"Really?"

He nodded emphatically, "Really! I don't think I've had a conversation that didn't revolve around you since you arrived."

"Then why do my husbands not even bother with me unless they want me naked? They don't think about me unless it's about sex in some way. I'm not worthy of spending time with unless we are naked. I'm not good enough to meet their families. I'm not important enough to buy clothes for when they are out buying enough clothes for themselves to dress an entire nation in every city we stop in." The tears were starting to fall again, "My Warriors spend time with me. You, Jinnie and Joon all know me far better than my husbands do. And it's not like we don't get naked with each other. But you all care to get to know me."

She flopped back on the bed and stared at the ceiling.

"You can feel my moods, right?" she asked.

He nodded again, a little wary now.

"You check on me." A statement, not a question. "I can feel it when you do. You, Jinnie, Joon. All of you check on me."

Feeling protective of his fellow Warriors, Hobi shook his head, "I don't do it on purpose. It feels like a reflex."

"You just proved my point for me. It's rare any of my Husbands check on me without some sort of sexual intent in mind. Jungkook did at first, but he hasn't for a while." She took a deep breath, "Ok. I really need to quit feeling sorry for myself. I'm going to go take a bath. Try to relax a bit."

She stood and took two steps toward the bathroom when a loud knock came pounding at the door. Hoseok moved The Muse protectively behind him as he called out, "Yah! Who's there?"

Jimin's voice rang loud and clear through the wood, "Hyung! Open up!"

"Jimin-ah?" Hobi unlocked the door and opened it to find Jimin leaning against the doorframe.

"Ugh!" Hobi exclaimed as he backed away, "You smell awful. Have you been drinking again?"

Jimin stumbled into the room, his bleary eyes finding his target quickly,

"Yeppeun." he stumbled into her, causing her to fall back onto the bed, and him to land on his hands and knees on the floor.

"Yeppeun, baby please. Yeppeun." Jimin crawled up and laid his head in her lap, wrapping his arms around her waist. "I'm so sorry. Please don't be mad at me anymore. Please."

His voice was quiet and child like as he squeezed her harder. Her hands automatically landed on his head, running her fingers through his hair. No matter how upset she was at him, she couldn't stand him being so sad.

Hoseok stood to the side and watched the couple, arms crossed.

"He loves you."

She nodded, "I know. I love him, too."

"Are you going to forgive him?"

A stray tear fell down her cheek as she looked down at JImin's head, "I don't really have a choice, do i?"

When she adjusted her leg, Jimin almost lunged against her, "No! Yeppeun, Please! Don't be mad at me. Please. I will make it better."

Hobi moved to Jimin's side and gently said, "Jimin-ah. You need some water. And some sleep."

"No. No, I can't leave her. I need to stay with her."

More tears fell down her cheeks. How can he be so caring now? He hadn't even checked in with her once since she got mad.

"Jiminnie?" she asked, trailing her fingers down his cheek, "Can you get up?" he tightened his hold around her again and a little whine sounded from his throat.

"I don't want you to leave, love. I want you to drink water. I won't leave you, I promise. I'll be right here with you."

Eventually, Jimin took the water and sat up on the bed, eyes never leaving his wife, as if he thought she might disappear if he blinked too slow.

Jimin ended up staying with them that night, making sure his arms were locked around her as he nuzzled into her skin.

"I love you, Yeppeun. Don't be mad"

"I love you, Jiminnie. I'm not going anywhere."

As she drifted off to sleep between Jimin and Hobi, The Muse was praying that Jimin could avoid a hangover. She was sure the managers would blame her if he was less than excellent for Muster.