Chapter 116

The Muse stayed with Jinnie and Hobi as planned that night, much to Tae's displeasure. She had to promise him several times that she would stay with him once they were back in Korea before he relaxed and went to the room he shared with Jimin. He had not been able to stop touching the belly after they got out of the bathtub, which did make it difficult to dry off and get dressed.

Yoongi wanted to help, handing her a towel as she stepped out of the bath. It took everything he had to keep the impure thoughts at bay once she stood naked before him. Growing belly or not, she was still the sexiest woman he had ever laid eyes on. As it turns out, it's easy to ignore a naked man in the room when your equally naked wife is standing in front of you. Yoongi kept trying to look away or at the floor, but his eyes kept creeping up to look at her.

"Yeppeun?" he asked as she pulled on her pajama pants,

"Hmm?" The Muse looked up at him... directly at him. She even held the eye contact and didn't try to make any excuses so she would have to look away. Yoongi took a moment to glory in having that little piece of their old relationship back.

"Can... " he ran his fingers through his hair, pure nerves as he shot for the moon, "Can I kiss you?"

She took a moment to look at his face, almost as if she was re-memorizing his features before nodding. Yoongi almost cried from relief. Noting he had cried more that night than he had for several years combined, he moved forward and slid his hand along her cheek and around to cup the back of her neck. He wasn't sure if he could say what he wanted to say out loud, so he opened their connection and poured everything into her mind and lips. This was their first kiss in more than two months. And he was going to make it count.

The kiss was almost overwhelming, and yet absolutely welcome to The Muse. She had missed this. Missed Yoongi. Missed his ferocity when it came to her.

The two stood, lost in their connection of souls and lips, while Taehyung finished getting his clothes on. He smiled at the sight of Yoongi and Yeppeun kissing, and decided to patiently wait for his turn to get a kiss by playing with his new favorite little person. He hugged up behind The Muse and wrapped his hands around her middle so he could caress her belly.

She broke out into a fit of giggles, effectively ending their kiss. But Yoongi wasn't mad. How could he be? Right at that moment, he was walking on clouds and ready to take on the world. He smiled at her and gave her one more little peck on the lips before allowing Taehyung to turn her around so he could dive in for his kiss, too.

Hobi came to bed late, having stayed up most of the night talking things out with Jimin. He felt like the man was headed in a positive mental direction when they called it a night. He did wish he could talk to Jungkookie, though. He had always preferred to keep to himself when working through big things. The thought made Hobi sigh. Hopefully Joon would be able to get him to talk.

Hoseok felt like he had blinked when he was jolted awake by a heavy body climbing over him. Peeking open his eyes, he saw daylight and Kim Taehyung.

"The hell are you doing?" Hobi croaked out as he tried to protect himself from Tae's attack.

"I wanna cuddle with my wife." the man mumbled as he tried to wiggle himself in between Hobi and The Muse.

With an annoyed sigh and a "for fuck sake", Hoseok got out of the bed and decided to get a couple more hours in the bed Tae was supposed to be in. He had no idea how Yeppeun and Seokjin were able to sleep through all of that. Jimin peeked through one eye to see what was happening when the bed dipped, but fell back to sleep quickly. Their flight was a late one, and they still had time to sleep.

Tae was happy, and surprised that his little coup worked. He snuggled in close behind his wife and placed his hand protectively over the belly and little Petal before falling back to sleep.

It was early afternoon by the time they all woke up. Tae was being ultra possessive, insisting The Muse sat on his lap whenever they sat anywhere and staying glued to the back of her body when she moved around.

"Tae, it's going to be hard to eat the cereal if I have to sit in your lap." she complained, but he wouldn't hear it. He had a wonderful time sharing with Jungkook and Jimin the joy and wonder of seeing Petal, and tried to get them to touch the belly repeatedly as they got ready.

"Tae, please." The Muse tried to reign him in a little bit, "They will when they are ready. They aren't ready yet. Don't try to force it, ok?"

He just smiled big and kissed her before going back to his story of what an incredible experience it was for him, and that he couldn't wait for them to do it, too.

"Yoongi did it!" he said when he saw the other man make his way to the fridge for iced coffee.

"It wasn't just me! Ask him."

Jimin and Jungkook looked to the elder to see what he would say. He took a sip of his coffee and then raised his head to make eye contact with the both of them,

"It was a life changing experience." he smiled, "For the better."

Again, The Muse broke in, not wanting them to feel rushed or pressured.

"I understand if you need time. It's ok. I needed time at first, too." she tried to reassure them, "It is a beautiful thing, to be able to connect with our daughter," both men flinched the tiniest bit, "but you don't need to do it today. Take your time to work through your feelings."

Jungkook was staring at her in disbelief.

"You would allow us time to work through our feelings?"

"Of course!" she answered, "Why wouldn't I?"

"After everything we've done. After all this time has passed and we have treated you so badly, you are still trying to protect us." he shook his head. "We don't deserve it, Yeppeun."

"Jungkook," she inhaled deeply as she tried to collect her thoughts, "Yes. You have hurt me. Terribly. You have treated me horribly. But this isn't all about me. We need to work on us, and work on our relationship in order to be the best parents we can be. And, maybe while we are working toward that goal, we will figure out how to be the best soul mates we can be."

She gave him a shy, hopeful smile.

All he could do was nod. He saw her point. So did Jimin. They were just unsure if those were goals they would be able to attain, and scared to take the first steps they needed to take in order to get there.