Chapter 121

The Muse was brought out of her reverie, again, by a strong contraction, reminding her that she was on a mission. Jungkook was closest, heard her quiet whimper and was by her side immediately, wanting to help in some way.

"Food." she stated in between deep breaths.

He frowned, "Yeppeun, didn't that book say that you shouldn't..."

"Jungkookie? I am going to be working very hard soon. I will need the energy. And if you don't feedmerightnowISWEARTOGOD!" her voice had gotten a couple of octaves higher and her volume had everyone in the condo at attention as her words were being strung together.

He held his hands up in surrender, "Ok! Ok. let's go see what we have."

Since they'd been out of the country for over a month there wasn't much on hand, and she settled for ramyen. It wasn't much, but it was something. She did have to stop eating a few times to breathe through the pain, but eventually ate all of her noodles and broth.

Jungkook stayed close by, making sure to take care of every little thing she could possibly want, including rubbing her back through the contractions, trying to give her his healing energy. His over attention made her think of the night he had introduced her to his parents via video chat. It had been a couple of weeks since they had all found out about Petal, and he had been making a huge effort with his wife, apologizing daily for every transgression he could come up with, while trying to keep a respectful distance until she was ready to forgive him.

To be honest, Jungkook was far harder on himself than she could ever be, and watching him over work himself as they practiced for their Saudi Arabian concert and upcoming finalies as punishment was upsetting.

"Yeppeun?" he came to her quietly after they had gotten back to the dorm one evening, his exhaustion clear in the lines on his handsome face,

"Would you like to meet my parents? I'm about to video chat with them, and I know they would love to meet you."

The Muse smiled sweetly and nodded her head. Jungkook's huge smile looked relieved and happy as he reached for her hand, which came up automatically to meet his. He led her to his room and sat her in his lap in front of the computer so he could call his parents.

The visit went well, and his parents seemed like they understood a lot about their relationship. They already had a few cute little outfits they had bought, and were planning on putting together a box of gifts for their incoming granddaughter. The band's schedule made it difficult to plan a time they could travel to meet in person, so they committed to video chat more often, and, as Jungkook's mother said, "have a chance to get to know our new daughter".

The Muse beamed. She felt acceptance flowing from the couple, and they treated her like she had been a part of the family all along. Once they said their goodbyes and Jungkook turned off the computer, he looked up at her and gave her a sweet little smiling kiss. His intentions were sweet and loving, and nothing more than just wanting to show his love and adoration for his wife.

"I know i have a lot to apologize for, Yeppeun." He reached up and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, "I have had a lot of time to think since I made the biggest mistake of my life a couple of months ago. But I think that the greatest realization I have had is that we truly are here to serve you. It didn't feel like that at first. But now I see it. My body is here to heal your body. My soul is here to be with and care for your soul. My whole being is here to take care of everything about you. My job is to make sure you are safe, healthy, fed and cared for. And, I know it's not just me. All of us are here to protect your mind, body and soul." Jungkook gently wiped a stray tear away from his wife's cheek before placing his hand over her heart, "And now, we have one more perfect little being to care for." his large hand trailed down the center of her chest to rest on her pregnant belly.

It was all The Muse could do not to ugly cry at his sweet words. That was the very first time she had ever thought about their situation in that way, and it felt so right. She had always thought about being forced to be bound to them as tightly as she was as a punishment for her for disappearing for two hundred years. It had never occurred to her that it might be a way for her Warriors to learn to think outside of themselves. That their having to take care of her every need wasn't a handicap. Their relationships weren't one sided. They all had something they brought to the table, and they were learning how to take care of each other in such a way that they were all thriving. She swore she could almost feel Sejong nodding his head in approval, and Min-ho letting out a breath he didn't know he had been holding.

She cupped Jungkook's cheek and looked into his eyes, opening their connection so she could share with him how much she loved him. And, although he still didn't feel like he deserved her or her love yet, he shared the same with her. He felt like he needed her to understand what she meant to him before they could move forward. Get back to where they should have been, had he not allowed himself to be led astray by their well meaning management. They were just doing their jobs, really. Making sure that the band was on track and successful. They know better now. Everyone had learned so much over the course of this adventure with their Queen.

The Muse stayed with Jungkook that night. And, although he refrained from taking her against every available surface as he would have done in the past, he still let Passion take control and show his wife his overwhelming feelings of love and adoration with his body, overcoming his own exhaustion until he knew she understood from head to toe what he was trying to tell her.

"I love you, Yeppeun." was all she heard in her head, over and over, until they were both left sated, tears of joy and relief cleansing their past wrongdoings, leaving a clear slate they could start their lives together over with.