Chapter 2

Pha's pov:

"My baby! It's been so long since I've seen you. I missed you so much!" Mom ran up to me the moment i got out of the car infront of the packhouse.

She jumped and wrapped her arms around me tightly.

"Hey mom. I missed you too." I chuckled while returning the embrace.

She pecked my cheek before letting me go.

Dad came out not long after. He smiled widely when he saw me.

"Hey son. It's been a while." He spread his arms adking me to hug him.

I chuckled and walked over to him. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly.

After he let go of the hug, he looked at me proudly. "How did the training go?"

"It went great. I was able to learn everything easily." I boasted.

His smile widened when he heard that.

"Come on lets go inside. We can talk more while sitting down." Mom walked up to us.

After we settled on the couch in the living room mom went to the kitchen and asked the cook to make some lunch for me. Everyone else had eaten already since it was two o'clock in the afternoon. I skipped lunch so i can get home faster.

"So you'll be turning 23 tomorrow. You have been at the training camp for only four years. That's a remarkable achievement. Most kids take atleast 6 years to learn everything." Dad said proudly.

"Of course my son is the best!" Mom squealed.

I chuckled.

"I've thrown a big party and invited all the packs in the country. We can celebrate your return and birthday at the same time." Dad smiled.

"Yes thanks dad. Hopefully I'll be able to find my mate there." I smiled sadly.

I'm turning 23 and i still haven't found my mate. Most werewolves find their mates when they are 18 or 19.

Well i was at the training camp for four years so you can't really count those.

Dad gave me one year after i turn 18 to find my mate before i had to go for the training camp. But i couldn't find them.

I don't care what rank or gender they are. I just want to be with them.

"Don't worry I'm sure you'll be able to find them soon."Mom pat my shoulder.

I nodded.

Just then the cook came to inform us that my lunch was ready and he had already served it on the dining table.

After i had lunch, i went to  the backyard. When i got there, Ming and kit were wrestling each other in their wolf forms. You could tell they weren't using their full strength and just playing around.

Then Ming noticed me and pinned kit down. Kit struggled and Ming got off him and  pointed towards me. When kit saw me he immediately leaped into my arms. He was soon followed by Ming as well.

"PHA!P'PHA! " They yelled through the pack link.

I fell backwards because of the impact.

They  kept nuzzling my neck and their tails were going crazy.

"I missed you guys too." I laughed while running my fingers through their fur.

Ming is uncle Sing's son. Uncle Sing is the pack's beta so Ming is next in line. Kit is his mate who is an omega.

They got off after a while and went to the side of the veranda where their clothes were kept neatly and shifted.

When they finished changing they turned to me.

"When did you get back?" Kit asked.

"Just now. I just finished lunch." I replied.

"Have you met Beam and Yo yet?" Ming asked.

Beam is my dad's close friend's son. He's also and alpha and Yo is his mate an omega.

I shook my head. Now that he mentions it where are those two? I looked around the backyard but i couldn't find them.

I was about to mind link them but Ming stopped me.

"Lets surprise them. It wouldn't be fun if you mind link them. Then we wouldn't be able to see their reactions." He smirked.

"They are running some errand outside. They said they'll be back in ten minutes."Kit spoke up.

" Let's wait for them in the living room." he pulled me inside.

True to their word, after exactly ten minutes we heard the sound of the door opening.

" Hey Kit! Why did you tell us to come here directly?" Beam asked.

" P'PHA!" Yo screamed when he noticed me.

Beam then noticed me and they both ran towards me and jumped onto me.

"Yes yes i missed you two too." I laughed.

"When did you get back?" Beam asked.

"Not too long ago. I think it was around an hour ago." I said.

They both nodded.

Me, Beam and Ming have been bestfriends since we were kids. We always hang out together. When Beam and Ming found their mates our circle grew and now kit and yo are also my bestfriends.

Saying that I'm not envious of them at all would be a lie. But I'm happy for them. They found their mates a few days after turning 18 and are happy together.

"I heard we are going to have a big party tomorrow!" Beam yelled suddenly.

"Yeah. We are celebrating pha'a return and his birthday." Ming said.

"All the packs in the country are going to attend. Pha I'm sure you'll be able to find your mate tomorrow." He turned to me.

I smiled and nodded.

I can't wait for tomorrow. I pray to goddess that I'll be able to finally find my mate.