Chapter 8

Forth's pov:

"You piece of shit! This is all your fault!"

They whipped me over and over again.

"I'm sorry! Please stop! It hurts!" I kept begging.

But they didn't stop. Whip after whip. They kept going.

"You should have never been born! You're the reason why such bad things are happening to us! You piece of shit!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please! I'm begging you! Please! It hurts!"

"This pain is nothing compared to what our fellow pack mates had to go through because your bad luck! I'm going to make sure you feel all thei pain!"

Then another one took a silver rod. They both kept hitting me over and over again until i couldn't even scream.

Someone please help me... It hurts...

Pha's pov:

" No! I'm sorry! Please stop! It hurts!" I woke up to the sound of Forth screaming.

I looked down and saw that tears were streaming down his face and his whole body was covered in sweat.

"Forth! Forth wake up!" i shook him trying to wake him up.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please! I'm begging you! Please! it hurts!" He kept screaming.

I sat up in bed and pulled him into my embrace.

"Forth calm down. I'm here. No one's going to hurt you. I'm here." I whispered in his ear hoping he hears me.

But he suddenly started screaming at the top of his lungs.

"AAAAAARRGGH!!!"

He struggled in my arms to be set free but i held him tightly.

We need to wake him up! Zen started getting anxious.

"FORTH! WAKE UP!IT'S A NIGHTMARE! YOU'RE SAFE! I'M RIGHT HERE!NO ONE'S GOING TO HURT YOU!" I yelled and shook him hard trying to get him to wake up.

His eyes suddenly shot open and he stared at me wide eyed. He was breathing heavily and he still looked frightened. He was shaking badly.

" It's me pha. Your mate. I'm not going to let anyone hurt you. Calm down. " I hugged him tightly.

He slowly snaked his arms around my waist and clutched my shirt tightly.

"Ph-pha..." He whispered softly.

"I'm here. You're safe. Calm down." I assured him.

He buried his face in my neck and inhaled my scent. I could hear small sobs coming from him. I gently stroked his hair while holding him close to me.

Just then the door burst open and my parents ran in. The sound caused Forth to jump. His clutch on my shirt tightened and he released a low whimper.

"Forth? What happened?" Mom asked worriedly. She came and sat on the bed near us while dad was also looking at him with a worried expression.

Forth slowly turned towards her. His sobs had calmed down a little but he was still hiccuping. His hold on my shirt didn't losen even a bit. His body was still shaking.

"Pha? What happened?" Dad asked when Forth didn't say anything.

"He had a nightmare." I answered softly not wanting to scare him anymore than he already was.

"Honey..." Mom gently rubbed his arm. Her eyes were getting teary.

Forth whimpered and hugged me closer.

Dad had an angry expression on his face.

Dad they need to pay for this. I said to him through the mind link.

He nodded in agreement.

Mom got onto the bed properly and came and sat next to forth. She wrapped her arms around him tightly. Dad sat near me and put his hand on his leg which was on my lap.

"You're safe. We are here with you. No one can hurt you anymore. Rest. We will be here to protect you." She soothed him.

"Mom..." He whispered.

"I'm here. Mom is here." Mom assured him.

He then reached down to dad's hand which was on his leg.  "Dad..."

"I'm here Forth." He squeezed his hand reassuringly.

"Pha..." He clutched my shirt tightly.

"I'm here. Right here by your side." I planted a small kiss on his forehead.

Forth slowly began to stop shaking and his breathing also evened. Before long he had fallen asleep.

His grip on my shirt and dad's hand loosened. But i kept holding him. I didn't want to let him go. I kept hugging him.

"You two should rest. We'll go back now. Just call us if anything happens." Dad whispered. He slowly took his hand from Forth's grip.

I nodded.

I slowly adjusted our position so i was lying down with Forth safely in my embrace.

Mom pulled the duvet to cover us.

" Goodnight. "She whispered.

My eyelids started getting heavier and before long i had slipped into a peaceful slumber again with Forth in my arms.