chapter 23

Forth's pov:

"So tell us everything you know." I said. 

"M-my dad h-he wants to reform the werewolf world." Mike stuttered. 

"Reform?" Dad got up and stood next to me. Mom was standing beside him. 

" H-he said he w-wants to create a world w-where everyone can live together peacefully." He said.

I frowned. 

"Did something happen to him in the past?" I asked. 

"H-he talked about my older brother Liam who was killed by another pack. H-he said he doesn't want a-anyone else to go through that pain again." Mike looked down.

"But how does joining the demons solve anything? They are going to kill off most of the werewolves if not all." Pha exclaimed.

Mike looked up at him shocked.

Then it clicked.

So that's what happened! Kai also realised it.

"He doesn't know that." I mumbled. 

"What?" Dad turned to me.

"Dea doesn't know that they are going to kill werewolves does he?" I asked Mike.

He shook his head vigorously. "He said they will just take over the power to rule the werewolf world peacefully. That they will talk to the packs and convince them one by one." 

Pha scoffed. "Does he really think that would actually happen?"

"So Dea truly believes that the demons are going to make the werewolf world a better place peacefully. So he joined them. That explains why i couldn't sense any malicious intent." I said.

 "So what should we do?" Mom asked.

"Where did he take you?" I asked Mike. 

"I don't know. We were in a car with tinted glass. We couldn't see anything outside. They only let us out when we were inside the garage." He said. 

"Can you atleast tell us how the scenery looked from the windows?" Pha asked him.

"I could tell we were in the middle of a forest. We drove for around 40 minutes from the city to get there. The place was a huge mansion which was around 4 floors high." He said.

"From where in the city?" Dad asked.

"From the small park at near the movie theatre at the edge of the city." Mike looked at him.

We nodded.

"Did you happen to hear anything about what they were planning?" I asked him.

"I overheard them say that all of their kind would be gathering at the big open field near the mansion to prepare for war. They said something about a lot of them being killed off already." He said.

So those two haven't been slacking off huh? Kai scoffed.

No from the looks of it we were the ones slacking off.

Hey there was nothing we could have done. We can start now. That is a huge piece of information. He said. We can end this without any casualties. If they are all gathering there then that means there are not a lot of them left. And if there are we can get the information from them. We just need to contact the other two. 

You're right.

"When did they say they would be gathering?" I asked Mike.

"Three weeks from now." He replied.

I nodded.

"I'm not letting you go alone. so don't even think about it." Pha said.

"Pha-" I tried to reason with him.

"He's right Forth. We can't let you go alone." Dad intervened. Mom nodded in agreement.

"I won't be alone. The other two guardians will also be with me. And i need you guys to stay here and protect the pack in case some escape or there is an attack." I tried convincing them. 

"And you also need to get the word to other packs so they can be ready." I added before they could say anything. 

I could tell they didn't like the idea but they knew i was right. 

"Mike go to your mom. She's really worried about you." i turned to him.

He nodded. He got up and went out of the office. 

Pha gripped my arm tightly frowning. 

"I'm not going to die. I'll come back no matter what. I promise." I assured him.

He looked at me unsure but gave in when he saw the determination in my eyes.

"Ok but make sure to come back. I can't afford to lose you." He said. 

I nodded firmly.

"I'm going to contact the other two and plan what we're going to do." I turned to mom and dad.

They nodded. I could tell they didn't approve of me going alone.

"I'll make sure to keep in contact with you guys through mindlink. I'll update you on what happens." I added.

They cheered up a little at that.

I went out of the office and into the bedroom. I sat on the bed.

Kai can you contact them?

 Yeah. Let's go to my dreamworld.

I closed my eyes.