Chapter 17

Forth's pov:

The moment we were inside, pha took my hand and dragged me to the bedroom.

Mom and dad didn't say anything to stop him.

"Pha what's wrong?" I asked when we were in the bedroom.

He pulled me and wrapped his arms around me tightly. He buried his face face in my neck and inhaled deeply.

His heart is pounding. Kai said worriedly.

I wrapped my arms around him and rubbed his back gently.

" Don't do that again. My heart almost stopped." He whispered in my ear.

I blinked.

"Were you worried about me?" I asked.

"Of course i was! You took him with you right after saying he's possessed by a demon! How could i not be worried?!" He shouted.

"You do know that I'm a lot stronger than one demon don't you?" I smiled.

"I know. But still...."

"I won't do that again. I'll give you a fair warning beforehand next time. I just didn't want the packhouse to be damaged or anyone else to get hurt. So i acted fast."

"Hm..."

His heartbeat had calmed down but he still didn't let go of me.

"I love you." He suddenly said.

I froze. I wasn't expecting that at all.

He slowly let go of me and took a step back. He was still holding my hands. "I know we've only been together for a few days but i feel like I've known you for a long time. Every one of your actions, your gestures, all of your features. Everyday i see a new side of you. And it makes me fall in love with you more and more."

I could tell he meant every single word.

My eyes teared up. I've waited my whole life for someone to say those words to me.

"I-"

I couldn't form a word. There was a lump in my throat.

"It's ok. You can say it when you're ready. I'll wait." He caressed my cheeks softly while smiling gently.

I stepped forward and hugged him tightly. "I love you too. You're the first person in my life who smiled at me. I've been praying every day for the last two years hoping to meet you. The only thing that kept me going everyday was the thought of being able to find my mate and escape from that hell and finally find happiness. You granted that wish of mine and gave me so much. I couldn't ask for more."

Tears were streaming down my face at this point.

He was stroking my hair gently.

"I was actually thinking no one would want someone who's body is covered in scars and a lowly omega. I was extremely frightened that you would reject me." I admitted.

"No! Don't talk about yourself like that! I want you more than anything. I don't care if you are an omega. You're my mate and that's all that matters for me. The moon goddess gave you to me for a reason. And you are the best mate i could ever ask for." He pushed me and looked into my eyes.

" As for your scars, I feel proud when i see them. "My mate is so strong. He survived all this on his own." These are the thoughts that run in my head when i see them. So don't you dare talk bad about yourself again. If you do that means you're insulting the person i love. And i won't stand for that. Understand?" He wiped my tears gently.