Chapter 7

Kai's pov:

Your eyes are absolutely gorgeous. Zen looked at my eyes with wonder.

I have never heard of a wolf having golden eyes before. He said.

Yeah. But I'm different from other wolves. I replied.

How so? He tilted his head.

You'll find out soon enough. I smirked.

So you're not going to tell me. He pouted.

Nope. Don't worry you'll see how I'm different very soon. I chuckled.

Ok fine. I can't force you to tell me anyway. He gave up.

Your eyes are also a very unusual colour. I changed the topic.

Well i got these eye's from my ancestors. They are said to be really powerful. They- he suddenly covered his mouth.

Why did you stop? I frowned.

You didn't tell me anything about your eyes so I'm not telling you anything about mine. He grinned.

That's fair. I said nonchalantly making him sulk even more.

Pha said we should let Forth rest. We can talk some other time. He said.

Yeah you're right. He needs all the rest he can get. Guilt crawled up inside me again.

Hey stop it. Don't blame yourself. You tried your best. I'm not angry at you either. Forth spoke.

You shouldn't blame yourself. You can't change what happened in the past. What you can do is make sure it doesn't happen again in the future. Zen stroked my cheeks softly.

You're right. I smiled.

See you later kai. He smiled.

See you zen. I closed my eyes and let Forth have control again.

Pha's pov:

I have never seen a wolf with golden eyes before. They are so beautiful.

Silver eyes are also very rare but i have come across very few ones which have silver eyes. But never any golden ones.

"Pha?" Forth called me.

I didn't realise i was staring.

"You should get some rest. You must be tired." I smiled.

"Actually I'm not that tired. Can we go around the packhouse? I want to explore a little." He asked making puppy eyes.

I didn't stand a chance against those eyes so i gave in.

"Ok but if you feel tired or dizzy at all tell me. We are coming straight back." I said sternly.

His eyes instantly lit up and he nodded enthusiastically.

I helped him out of bed and we made our way out of my bedroom.

Since it was quite late at night there was no one in the hallways.

Forth was looking at the walls and furniture with wonder. It was as if he never saw such things. The mansion used as our packhouse is bigger than the blood moon pack's one but I'm pretty sure they had a  very luxurious interior as well.

Could it be that he didn't live in the packhouse? Zen asked.

What?

They obviously treated him like shit. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't allowed into the packhouse even. He said. I could feel him starting to get angry just thinking about it.

I frowned.

"Pha? Is something wrong?" Forth asked when he noticed my expression.

"Can i ask you something?" I turned to him.

He nodded.

"Were you not allowed in the packhouse in your pack?" i asked.

"Why do you ask that?" He looked taken aback.

"Well I'm pretty sure the interior of your packhouse is not any less fancy than our packhouse's interior. You're looking around as if it's your first time seeing such things." I explained.

His expression changed into a sad one. His lips curved up in a pained smile.

" It's like you said. I wasn't allowed into the packhouse. I was made to live in a small cabin behind the packhouse which was safely out of sight. You won't find it unless you actually try to look for it." He said.

Those pieces of shit... Zen hissed.

I wrapped my arm around him an pulled him near me.

" Umm.. I feel kind of dizzy. Can we go back?" Forth asked.

He looked a little pale and his eyes also looked fogged up. He was also clutching onto my shirt tightly.

I immediately reached my arms under his knees and carried him bridal style.

"Pha i can walk." He insisted.

"No. You look pale. I'm not letting you walk in this state." I said sternly.

After getting into my bedroom i laid him down on the bed and took off his shoes and jacket. I pulled the duvet upto his neck.

He was staring at me as if he wanted to say something.

" What is it?" I asked.

" Umm... I... "He hesitated.

"Feel free to tell me what you want. You're my mate. I won't get angry." I assured him.

"I want to cuddle." He said softly. He was blushing.

I blinked a few times before chuckling. "You should have just said so."

I took off my shoes and slipped under the duvet with him. He immediately came closer to me and wrapped his arms around me and buried his face in my chest.

Aww... Our mate is so cute. Zen cooed.

I smiled in agreement. I wrapped my arms around him and closed my eyes.

Before long i could hear his steady breathing. He had fallen asleep.

Not long after i also fell into a deep slumber.