Chapter 37

Forth's pov:

Park and Aki were staring at me the whole way back to their packhouse. 

Gloxinia and Drole were quietly following behind us.

"If you want to say something say it out loud. I can't read minds you know?" I joked. 

"You yelled at me for being cocky when we first met. Now who's the cocky one?" Park raised one of his eyebrows. 

I scoffed and raised my hands. "Guilty." 

You need to put a tough front infront of your enemies. Don't let them see your weakness. If i showed doubt about myself then they might try to take advantage of it.

I said through the mindlink. 

They didn't say anything after that but i could feel their agreement.

When we reached the packhous, Kai and Pha were standing infront and there were no demons around. 

Aki and Park frowned. 

"Who are you?" They looked at Pha.

"My mate, Phana." I answered. 

They raised their eyebrows. 

Kai and Pha's eyes widened when they saw Drole and Gloxinia. 

"It's ok. They're on our side." I said quickly. 

They frowned and looked at me. 

I turned around. 

"We only want to avenge our people. We don't want to hurt anyone." Gloxinia spoke up. 

And what makes you think we're going to believe you? Kai growled.

"There's nothing we can give you but our word. And your human can kill us easily if he wants. These seals prove that." He pointed at the seals on their torsos. 

"Avenge your people?" Pha asked. 

"We are the last of our kinds. We want to kill the person who killed our people." Gloxinia answered. 

"That is.." 

"The demon king." He said. 

You want to kill the demon king but you're working with the rulers of hell. Kai frowned.

"I'm not stupid enough to challenge someone who is far stronger than me. We fought with them so we can get his weakness and kill him. For that we needed to earn his trust so we fought alongside them." He explained. 

I hate to say this, but that actually sounds believable. Aki spoke up. 

The others still didn't look convinced but they nodded nonetheless. 

"Any injured?" I asked them. 

A few. I already healed them. Kai answered.

"Are they...." I narrowed my eyes. 

"Unlike the ones in the last pack these people are actually thankful. They understand that Park and Aki did their best to protect them." Pha said.

His mate talked to them when they started doubting. Kai added.

I looked at Park and Aki and smiled. 

They also had smiles on their faces. 

I made an amulet like the one i gave to knock and Mensah. I gave it to Park. 

"It has some of my powers in it. Channel your mana through this and it will be strengthened by 5 times. Use it for the shields or when demons attack again." I explained.