Chapter 42

Pha's pov:

When i opened my eyes we were lying on the bed on our backs.

Forth wrapped his arms around me tightly and buried his face in my chest.

I blinked and looked at Kai. He was looking at Forth with a sad expression.

He's probably bothered by the lifespan thing. He said through the mindlink.

I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him to lay on top of me.

I gently rubbed his back and caressed his hair.

I felt my shirt getting wet.

"Hey." I tried lifting his head to look at his face.

But he just buried his face deeper in my chest.

"Forth.... It's ok we're all still here aren't we? We still have a lot of time." I said softly.

He clenched my shirt tightly and whimpered.

"Baby it's ok. Calm down. We still have a lot of time. I'm only 23. We still have more than 400 years. We will make the most of it." I pat his head gently.

"I don't want to be without you....." He said softly.

"I'll always be there with you. Right beside you. You just won't be able to see me." I said.

He whined softly.

I pulled him closer to me and kissed him gently.

I wiped his tears with my thumbs while slowly moving my lips.

"It's ok. I'm still here. I'm not going anywhere for a long time." I smiled reassuringly.

He pursed his lips and buried his face in the crook of my neck.

We stayed like that for a around thirty minutes.

He slowly got up and sat on my lap. I also sat up and hooked my arms around his waist.

He turned to Kai who was now sitting closer to us.

He stared at him silently.

I'll go back to moon goddess. He answered his unasked question.

Forth bit his lips.

Don't worry. They did say they won't leave you alone. And I'm sure she will let me hang out with you from time to time. Kai added.

Forth slowly nodded.

His mood didn't improve at all though.

He still looked sad and down.

We still have more than 400 years Forth. It's not a short time. Kai sighed.

Forth silently nodded.

"I'm going to take a shower." He got up and went into the bathroom.

I sighed and looked at Kai who shook his head.

He's been alone ever since he can remember. I guess knowing that he'll have to live on without you guys came as a big shock to him. Especially since you're the first ones to actually treat him like a human being. He explained.

I bit my lips.

We sat there for around 30 minutes before Forth came out.

He had a towel wrapped around his waist and another on his head which he was using to dry his hair. He looked dazed.

Kai and i blinked profusely.

Forth..... Did-did you look at yourself in the mirror? Kai asked slowly.