War

LILY POV

I watched as Astoria's body fell to the cold ground.My mum's grasp loosened but I burrowed the side of my head into her shoulder.I watched Draco stalk across the bridge,seemingly emotionless.

Everything was quiet, everyone watching Scorpius stand there clearly in shock. It felt like forever but in reality it was only a few seconds. In those few seconds I watched my best friend... No. More than my best friend be tortured then watched his mother die. All in a matter of seconds.

I left my mum to walk towards Scorpius,who was now craddling his mother sobbing.He turned to me resting his head in the crook of my neck,his hands laying in his lap.

It had been 2 days since Scorpius had crucio inflicted on him, and his mother being killed. But in those couple of days the DeathEaters haven't done anything,which in the awful situation was the only positive thing. I sat besides Scorpius, I glanced at him.Just a few days ago his face was full of love,warmth and happiness.His ice blue eyes glistened with happiness, and curiosity. But now his cheeks were sunken as well were his eyes. It hurt,seeing him like this, staring off into space constantly.

We sat together in the dark library,curfew was soon for fear of another attack.I watched Scorpius read,the lantern flickering off of his face,his eyes shone with their usual happiness.A small smiled tugged at the corner of my mouth, " What?" He asked looking at me,brows furrowed with curiosity. My smile grew wider but I shook my head," Nothing." I replied.

SCORPIUS POV

I jolted awake,my vision blurry as I glanced around my surroundings. I was still wearing my T-shirt and shorts I had went to bed in and I was barefoot.I was in a clearing of what I assumed to be the Forbidden Forrest. It was quiet and I hoped no one was around.

I looked over my body, my feet were cut up and my calfs were as well.I used the tree I had been leaned up against as support as I stood up.The previous night coming back to me.

I was getting ready to finally sleep about the past few nights of minim sleep. I was sitting on my bed as they apparated into my room, one covering my mouth. At first I let them led me, I didn't want to worry anyone with this for free of losing not students and teachers. Once we were at the bridge I started to fight back before I was hit with a paralyzing curse and my legs buckled with my weight.

I stared at masked DeathEaters in front of me. They questioned me, and I refused to answer resulting in psychically being hit, or crucio being inflicted on myself again. Afterwards I was forced to drink something eventually blacking out.

I glanced around trying to figure out which way was to get out.

Keeping my back turned was probably a huge mistake.

I heard the stick break first,but I didn't matter I was wandless. The force of the curse slammed me against the tree, and I wrapped my arm across my ribs. " Come on boy. We're going to teach you a real lesson." I heard a man with a gruff voice say grabbing my shoulders.

I stared at the school as we approached it,smoke flowing out of the smoldering parts of the once walls. I had been gone for what I thought had been a day, maybe more because of the new destruction. I was forced to walk through the hall the DeathEaters behind me, each time I stumbled due to the cuts I was shoved. I glanced at the few students in the hall,who looked petrified of the DeathEaters making me assume the school was under control to a limit.

"Scorpius?" I heard someone whisper that was on the side of the hallway,my gaze met Lily's. I caught my breath, and ignored the DeathEaters behind me and flung my arms around Lily. " I'm fine, don't worry okay." I whispered and she nodded. " I think they're taking me to the room of requirement. " I told her before being pulled out of her grasp.

I was right about being taken to the room of requirement. I forced into a corner,and left with the masked DeathEaters. The only people coming in were to report what was happening with three battling, how many they lost and were injured and the same for us.

It has been almost a day since I was being held. The DeathEaters who were watching me grew anxious at the news of their forces slowly losing with the newest arrival of aurors. I caught a glanced of my reflection earlier, and it was frightening to see how bruised my face was, although they had started to fade, the sunken look of my face as well as the grim and blood from cuts.

I was brought from my thoughts at the sound of dueling in the hall, " Get up." The gruff voice that belonged to the man said. I could tell by the tone he knew this was ending, after almost 2 weeks of it happening. I hesitated before slowly bringing myself to my feet.

" Let's go. " he said pushing me towards the door, they went out first and pulled me out with them. I glanced down the corridor, disappointed in seeing no one but they echos of dueling bounced off the walls towards us.

The sound of footsteps following us down the hall was the one of the best sound I had heard in awhile.I watched as the woman was hit with a curse but the man grabbed my arm as he made his way down the hall. " Let go of me,you bastard!" I yelled pushing his arm off of me."Scorpius? " The voice belonging to my headmistress call out. She had quiet the group with her including Ginny,Lily, Hermione and some aurors.

Lily's steady green gaze met my blue one, but I couldn't run too them and away from the DeathEater on account of the cuts covering the bottom of my feet. I leaned against the wall, using it to make my way towards them. "Let me." I said trying to push the DeathEater off of me once again. The weight of his grasp gone as he fell to the ground and aurors coming to arrest the two.

Lily met me halfway, the rest leaving us to find the remaining DeathEaters. I didn't get a chance to say anything before her arms were thrown around my neck. I felt warmth on my shoulder, " Lily? " I asked looking down at her. She didn't meet my gaze and I continued looking down at her.

When Lily's year stained face finally looked up at me, I kissed her.

I didn't know what came over me but I was glad it did.

The kiss was over due.