🎀 TWENTY ONE - you look awful

"he told me he's in love with me, that's why he was treating emily like that," jacob said, his chest heaving up and down.

he could've had a full on panic attack inside the car if it wasn't for mark who's gently patting his back and reassuring him.

"that still doesn't give him the right to hurt the poor girl," the male said.

"i'll make sure he'll be in jail, along with emily's asshole of a brother named noah,"

jacob's phone that was still in brandon's, who's driving, started ringing. the latter was startled a bit but pulled the phone off his pocket and gave it to the owner.

jacob saw the caller's id and he never wanted to answer it. not ready for the incoming news from the other line.

-

johnny and elise was left in the hospital, waiting for any news the doctor have for emily's condition. both of them dreading to hear it too.

a male, who's in his 50s walked towards them. he looked extremely professional and neat. both of them assuming it was the doctor who handled emily.

"emily cantwell's mother?" the doctor ask them, mainly directing the question to elise.

"yes, it's elise, elise cantwell. ho-how's my girl?"

the doctor nodded, "i'm doctor gomez," he reached out a hand to shake the woman's, which the latter took with a hesitant smile.

"we moved her to one of the hospital's private room, both of you can come with me to the room so i can give you guys information." dr. gomez gestured at them, leading them both to where emily is confined.

once they reached the said place, elise immediately ran to her daughter who's laying on the hospital bed. her pink hair was wrapped in bandage, while her nose and mouth was connected to several of tubes which elise assumed was oxygen to steady her breathing.

"so.." the doctor started, only for elise to cut him off in a polite way.

"mr. gomez.. can we wait for her boyfriend first before you tell us about her condition?" the woman smiled fondly.

the doctor nodded, "of course, but i won't wait for plenty of minutes," he chuckled as he sat on the couch.

"i'll call jacob." johnny spoke up and walked out the room, quickly dialing his bestfriend.

it took plenty of ringing before the brunet male answer, johnny let out a sigh of frustration.

"why weren't you answering!?" johnny asked, lowering his voice but the furiousness was still evident in it.

"sorry! i was nervous!" jacob yelled with his voice coming out a bit shaky.

johnny just shook his head as he placed a hand on his hip, "just fucking get your ass over here, we have news about emily's situation. quick!"

he just stood there and waited for jacob's response. all he was hearing was jacob's screams of nervousness and telling brandon to "not care about the speed limit"

"i'll end this call now, we'll be waiting for you." johnny said and with that, he ended the call and pushed the phone back his pocket.

-

the door of the hospital room swung open, revealing jacob who has a cut on his jaw and lips, the doctor immediately standing up with concern.

"what happened to your face? do you want the nurses to-"

mr. gomez was cut off as jacob scowled at him, "i don't care about my face right now, i want to hear what you can say about my girlfriend," jacob said, veins popping out of his neck as he yelled.

the older man was taken aback by the brunet suddenly going off at him but he completely understands it.

"please pardon him, he was really getting impatient because of this whole situation." johnny apologized in behalf of his friend who's glaring at him.

the doctor nodded and cleared his throat, "it's kind of a good thing that ms. cantwell's head bled open because if it didn't, it may cause some sort of internal bleeding and may lead to brain hemorrhage or stroke and thankfully, the cut isn't that deep so we didn't need to stitch it close.." mr. gomez explained as he watched jacob slowly walk up to his girl and kissed her on the forehead, whispering sweet nothings to the latter.

"and due to overdosing over the antidepressants, it calmed her nerves too much which explained why she'll be in coma for days or weeks.." mr. gomez paused as he watched the reaction's of emily's peers.

"the pills caused her breathings to shorten and low blood pressure that's why she needed an oxygen tank. but i can guarantee you, once she had woken up, she won't be needing it anymore. i also advice you guys to not overwhelm the room too much because she can wake up anytime and she'll be jumpy and will have hallucinations." the doctor ended his speech as he tried to summarize it in his head a bit, putting incomplicated words together to which all of them could understand.

elise nodded and bowed to the professional man, "thank you, doctor gomez." she smiled with gratitude, the doctor patting her on the back.

"i'll exit now, if something happens you can push the button by her bed and you, i'll call a nurse to clean your cuts." the doctor said and walked out the room, mainly directing his words to jacob.

before jacob could contradict the older male, johnny threw him a playful glare, "just go with it, you look awful."

-

a/n:

thank you for supporting and voting on this book whenever i update, it means so much to me. i love you all!!