Chapter 13: Knowing The Ways

Remi's POV

I was all harassed by that drunk man who keeps touching me like a pervert. He even goes violent and I see him punch one of the employees.

After that, Y/n came by and stop him. He calls her Nakaru Damashi. I wonder who she is and why does he call her that.

By the time our part-time job is over. "Man, can't thank you enough Y/n. You were great out there." Em/n 1 said to her.

Y/n: It's nothing. I'm just keeping things calm.

Kyoa: Oh you're still into this? You don't have to be that formal, Y/n.

Em/n 2: That's right! This world isn't that nicer than before.

Remi: You guys...! Y/n...!

Y/n: I'm not sure if this is ok for everyone and even the customers. Everything I tried against could have been a breach of the law, but it's their fault for attacking us in the first place.

Kyoa: Exactly! I would have tried something at first. I'm sorry that I got you involved in this!

"No, it's ok. We're just following the law." Y/n persuades Kyoa. Y/n is still worried about the people who trusted her. I tried so much to help her, now it's her turn to help me with what I want before then.

"Anyway, what you did was great than just putting him to jail. I just don't know what else I'm going to say!" Kyoa said with fresh respect. She's burning up with steam.

Y/n is more popular with kindness and to fight for what she wanted to protect. I wanted to fight too. I wanted to take my freedom back that was stolen by Darick's abusive orders hurling at me and enslaved my mom.

"It's ok, I don't need anything that comes to power and authority. I just want myself as a normal being." Y/n declines. She always has to be maintaining her status quo.

Kyoa: Oh...I see. Anyway Y/n, I hope you'll have a nice day on Sunday. Do you have plans for tomorrow?

Y/n: Yeah, for my friends from school.

Kyoa: So you need a day off for that?

Y/n: Y-yeah, sorry. I can't betray any promises for my friends.

Kyoa: Well whatever, you did save our business again. But I don't suppose you could stick your nose on him because he's drunk and hopeless.

Y/n: I'll handle him in no time.

"You're so protective, huh?" Kyoa smirks at her. I look at her with her plain look like she doesn't care, but I suppose I would try to take chances on him for once...if possible.

...

I walk the streets with Y/n quietly. I look at her while she looks fine. "Hey, Remi..."

"Yes, Y/n?" I respond to her.

"What are you going to plan for tomorrow?" She asks me.

"Well, for now..." I want to say about her fighting techniques. She is strong and dauntless against any opponent because they think they are stronger than any defenseless civilians. I was a civilian too. My heart was so abused that I can't take another hit furthermore in the future. I wanted to stand strong so I can fight back and make Darick pay for what he's done to my old life. "About the time when you start fighting against thugs in front of me. You have been acting all heroic several times when you are protecting someone important to you. Well...can you teach me how you can fight properly?" I ask her.

Y/n: Sure. After we get back to our home with Anna.

Remi: Yeah, just thinking that you're just a caretaker for her.