REVEAL 🥀

Sia's Pov-

"Hey I am on my way, just checked the team is 1 down and he came on crease." I said on the call.

"No need to come, he is out." Abhay replied.

"Please don't play with me."

"I am serious, he got a golden duck." he said in a sad voice on the line.

I declined the call immediately.

After that I headed towards my hostel but only his thoughts were revolving around my mind.

I went to take bath and rest of the noon passed.

It's almost evening when I remembered to write my diary...

Date -XX/XX/XXXX
Dear diary,

Today I am feeling really bitter. Ofc Shub got out on zero but the main reason is why is he not able to perform. I have always felt that he is hiding something but the sorrow and depression always interveins.
He always put the fake smile on his face but I can sense that it hide lots of pain. I know he always puts his career on foremost but something is overpowering this. Abhay also told me that he was the best player be it in u14 or u19......

'Wait is he the same guy?!!!' I thought to myself.

I googled immediately about U19 2018 man of the tournament and it was him.

Omg!I still remember my brother used to see those matches and our favorite was Gill.

He was such a fine player and now I want to know even more about what happened to him.

I suddenly looked down by my window when I saw someone sitting on the bench, this look familiar and yes it was Shub.

I quickly got downstairs and ran towards him.

"What happened Shub?" I asked him in an inquisitive but sad tone.

"Yaar, I can't do this anymore. I want to quit." he told straight up.

"Why?! You have determined ur whole life for this." I said sitting near him.

"Not for this, I always dreamt to play for India team. Performing in this match would be the last chance to be in team but look what I have done."

"One more match is left and apart from that u are just 23 ,u can get hundreds of more chance." I growled.

"Yah you are right at your place but I can't do it I know. I don't want to face the next match, I don't want to play because I am shattered."

"Can I ask why are u shattered?"

"It's not much of ur business." he told.

"Please tell me I request. It's a question of your career." I requested taking his hand into mine.

"Idk if it would make any difference but only for u....
I was always a great player until I met
her the villain of my life, Suhana Khan.

I heard from many people that she liked me and I always took it as a compliment until she returned from NY. I still can't figure out how I became a friend with this selfish girl maybe because of Sid.

We were good friends at the start but one day she proposed me to which I said no because I had never felt for her. She insisted on staying friends but the things were not the same.

The toxicity was increasing every single day. She didn't let me to talk to my friends even family, she would never let me go anywhere apart from cricket tours where she was with me.

She used to even check my phone and remember all of this but she was my friend.

Now you'll ask she was only a friend why didn't you left her but I couldn't.

She and her evil manager Sid used to theaten me that if I left her then she would accuse me for sexual assault charges.

Even if I would be found innocent but this would take a lot of time and her dad would request to BCCI to make a life time ban.

Even after the ban would be removed but no one would accept me a 'rapist' to play for the India.

Now I was stuck there and my mind stopped to work. I was not able to think of getting out from that.

My mental condition was deteriorating and this was visible on my game. I wasn't scoring at all and soon I was out from the team.

At this point I have actually nothing to lose because I don't play for India anymore. So I went to SRK and told him straight what I was going through and I want to leave his team.

And being the most kindest person he told me to stay because he was well aware of Suhana's nature.

So he sent her again and threatening her not to trouble me again and I was finally through it.

But in this whole I have nothing left.
Not my friends, not my family, not my position in Indian team and especially my mental peace.

Idk how I got selected for the test team of India A but I was told by the management that if I played well in the 2 matches, I could get back to the Indian test team because of experience."

"But I have messed it again." he sighed smiling in pain.

Suddenly a tear came from my eye. Shub gently wiped it from his hand.

"I'm sorry, I made u cry."

PS- I was also really sad while writing but now Shub has revealed all of it he has gone through.
Now what should Sia do? Should she respect his decision to quit or should she somehow motivate him to play.

To know more about this, please follow the updates.

Hope you liked this chapter.
Please upvote 🌟 and comment ✍️.