UTTERLY BITTER 🥀

A few days later~

Sia's Pov-

"Next appointment is yours." the attendant informed. I nodded.

I'm here at the clinic for my weekly check up after a small break as I was not able to make it the last time.

Previously Shub was also here, but I think he might be sleeping yet, as last night was Abhay's marriage and he was up all night.

"Ma'am, it's your turn." he said.

***

Shub's Pov-

After a partial sleep, I woke up.
I shouldn't have boozed that much, but you really can't help it in weddings especially Punjabi ones.

This buzzing sound of alarm has been irritating me from hours. When I checked the time it was exactly noon.

Oh shit! Simi told me last night that she had her appointment with doctor, but I overslept. Wait, she would still be there, at least I can drop her back.

I rushed to the clinic. There were a lot of people but my eyes were searching for her.

There she is! coming out from the consulting room.

Before I can move, she came running to me, digged her face in my chest.
She was crying continuously, holding me tight.

"What happened honey?" I asked worried, fixing her hair strand.

She was choking badly in answering.

"Hey, calm down." I patted her back, making space on the the bench.

"What is it?" I questioned.

"We-e--can't--ha--have..." she tried to say in breaking voice.

"What can't we?"

"Our baby." she sniveled.

My eyes widened in shock, "What!" I exclaimed in disbelief.

"The chances are the least." she spoke with whimpers.

"Doctor just told you that?"

"Yes, but the report about this was already handed to us and for that she also called me, but I couldn't hear it."

"Handed to us? When?"

"Actually mom collected it, but she didn't shared it. She already knew that the child was never going to be born, and that's why..."

"That's why she gave that weird reaction when you told her, because she already knew.." I resolved.

"Exactly."

"But why'd she pretend that?"

"I know why'd she do that." she confirmed.

"Why?"

"Cause she knew that our relationship is never consistent and this child is the only way that attaches us. She wants to see me happy the whole life, unlike her's.."

"Her's?" I enquired.

"Her life, it's never been easy. Dad left us when we needed him the most. She doesn't want me to go through all this.
That's because she'd have hidden the thing about report.."

She added, "But-sh-she is a little selfish, her choice of seeing us getting married should not be only her's, someone should agree on that first..."

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"You don't need to be, but the best part for you is that now you are not forced to be with me, nothing attaches us anymore. You are free to do what you want.." said Simi which actually hitted me hard.

"Have you lost it? Firstly even if the chances are least, I have a faith that we'll have the baby.
And second a fall, the only thing that binds me to you is the never ending love, don't you ever think I'm gonna leave you." I answered almost teary.

Sia's Pov-

"Let's go." he stated.

"Where?"

"Let's ju-just go." he stammered.

As I sat in ths car,
"Have some water." he offered.

"Thanks" I said taking a sip.

I closed my eyes and slightly pressed my belly, hoping he can still my inner voice,
'I promised you that I am gonna bring you to this world and I would, you'll always be mine.'

"Don't worry, I'll again consult the doctor about it .But for a moment you need a break to cheer yourself up.." I heard his faint voice.

But nothing really helped, this feeling kills me the most. I felt so bitter, that I slept in the car seat itself.

***

After a lethargic sleep, I woke up in a strange atmosphere. Being a pilot, I soon realised it was more familiar as I was in an aeroplane, but all of it was empty except Shub sitting by side.

"What the hell, how I'm here?" I asked puzzled.

"Someone got a deep sleep from a lil water sip.." he replied with a playful smile.

PS- Hope you liked it.

Please upvote 🌟
Don't forget to share how it was ✍️