MOTIVATION🥀

Sia's Pov-

"Shub u are crazy."

"Oh!" he said.

"You are a brainless creature."

"Oh, but I expected a sympathetic reaction from you and you are saying I am crazy." he sighed.

"Yes, you actually are crazy."

"You know what I don't want to talk to you." he spoke standing up.

"So you value this girl more than your family and your career, right?" I asked.

"Not at all." he said turning towards me.

"Yes, it clearly shows because you are leaving all of it only because of her..
And you know why you are crazy because you don't respect what life has given you."

"Life has always been supportive for you but you didn't realized it..
You have the chance right now to go and prove yourself but all you are doing is lost in the memories of past that WHAT IF I got banned, what if I had that kind of life..
But the things don't run that way.
There can be thousands of What if but if u have not suffered those you should feel lucky rather than crying." I said.

"If you don't want to play that's okay but think of your parents, the coaches and the people who expect a lot from you...
Because at this position it's not only your decision, it should be from all the people who have sacrificed to see you at this position." I added.

Shub remained quiet standing and facing the other side.

"Idk if it's going to make any difference but I want to see u play the next time. Bye." I spoke leaving to my room.

After 2 days~

It has been 2 days since I have talked to Shub after that I have not seen him and Abhay as well.

I am quite busy in classes these days but I am still engrossed in his thoughts.

Tommorow is the day, the day where he can prove that how strong he is.
I pray that he score well.

Next day~

Somehow I come to know that Shub is opening today that's why I'm bunking my class.

I walked down to the stadium and took my seat according to the ticket, though most of it was empty.

I waved to Abhay when I saw him standing.

"How's it going?" I asked.

"You already know India chose to bat and the game is just about to start." he replied.

And then I saw someone with 77 jersey number walking towards the crease. Though I know by physique that he is Shub but my heart calmed when I saw GILL written in bold letters.

'Hopefully today he can score' I thought by crossing my fingers.

He seemed really concentrated until I catched his glance. He shook his head a little looking towards me to which I reciprocated by doing the same to give him confidence.

The bowler came running to deliver the first ball, Shub swung his bat, the ball strikes the edge and it flights towards the second slip.

And the bowl fell short of distance which the fielder couldn't catch.

I took a relaxing breath.

Shub again looked towards me in disappointment as if he is saying that he could not make it. I don't know how could I sense him when he is so far but I keep on looking towards him as if giving him all of my strength to let him play.

Time for the second delivery and it was really intense. I closed my eyes praying for the last time to give him all the power but suddenly I heard a loud cheer from the little audience.

'Is he out?!' I panicked.

I opened my eyes to find that it was a four. A huge smile came to my face and it seemed like my heart finally shines making every moment happier.

Next ball but the result was same, again a four.

Now everything is actually fine and how it couldn't it be when ur favorite person has finally gained confidence.

The game was going good and pretty fast as well for a test cricket.

Shub was more or less on run a ball.
The next ball was a length bowl to which he defended and took a single.

He raised his bat in the air to celebrate his half century. His score was 50* on 68 balls only.

My happiness didn't have any barrier after seeing this moment.

"Oyee chhaa gya veere!" (Well done buddy!) Abhay shouted from the stands.

Shub laughed a little by seeing his reaction.

***

Game was now going smooth with a couple of breaks in the meantime.
Team India is playing good with 10 wickets in hand.

I don't know if Shub is in a hurry but he playing really fast, in no time he is now very close to the century.

It is 95* off 89 bowls on the scorecard.
Just 5 more runs left to reach the moment and I wish every possible power to let him reach his goal.

Next bowl was short length to which he played his classic short arm jab but the connection didn't seem to be perfect and the ball went high up in the sky.

The fielder came chasing the bowl and..

He catched it.💔

PS- Sorry for the late update but hope you u all liked it.
Please upvote 🌟 and comment ✍️.