☆ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 34☆

The day? November 26, two days before thanksgiving. Students packing up to go back home for the break, chatting about their plans. A couple of them were excited, but others weren't. Sakura did not want to go back to that hell place of a home. She didn't want to see her mother, father, or brother. She didn't want to she her mother and father argue, her father hitting her mother, her mother hitting her and her brother, her father drunk again, her brother hitting her.
~ring ring ring~
Sakura was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard her phone ring. She picked it up and looked at the caller ID, it was her mother. How great.
"Hello?" Sakura hesitantly stated.
"Sakura! Did you pack up yet! When are you coming back! We need you to clean up all the broken glass from the floor caused by your stupid father!" Sakura's mother said.
"Mom, I don't come home until the 28th, it's the 26th, I still have two days left. And yes I already started packing, and I'm pretty sure you guys can clean it yourselves." Sakura answered dryly.
"Clean it ourselves? Are you talking back to me, you prissy little shit?" Sakura's mother yelled into the phone.
"No I'm not, I'm simply saying, you guys can handle cleaning up on your own." Sakura retorted with a little bit of attitude.
"How dare you! I raised you better than this! You are to never talk back to me with attitude!" Sakura's mother yelled again.
"Raised me? Please, I wouldn't say beating a child for no reason is "raising". The neighbors were more of parents to me than you guys were." Sakura deadpanned.
"There you go again with that attitude of yours! Just like your stupid father! Just wait till you get home young lady! I hate you! This is exactly why we agreed to let you go to that school, so you can stay away from us!" Sakura's mother shouted.
It hurt Sakura to hear her mother say she hated her. But when did she not say that to her?
"I know you hate me. That's why I hate you too! All of you!" Sakura yelled into the phone, she then ended the call.
Sakura just sat on her bed and huffed.

"Oh hey Sakura-Chan." Neji said walking through the door.
"Hey Neji!" Sakura said cheerfully as if that phone call never happened.
"Is everything alright?" Neji asked.
"Perfectly fine! What's up?" Sakura gave him a sugar coated smile.
"Well some of the guys and I are going to hang out tomorrow . It'll be Itachi, Pein, Sasuke, Naruto, Kiba, Shikamaru, and myself. Want to come? We'll be going to pick up some pumpkins and carve them." Neji informed.
"Sure I'll come along too!" Sakura cheerfully said.
"Great." Neji said, now walking to his side of the room to study.

The day went by very slowly, nobody came to visit Sakura's dorm because all of them were either busy packing or studying. Before Sakura knew, it was already night.
She went to the bathroom to take a shower, changed into her pink and green polkadot pajamas, and brushed her hair and teeth. When she came out of the bathroom, she found her "wifey"(Neji) fast asleep. Sakura carefully walked over to his bed and gave Neji a kiss goodnight on the forehead, and pulling his blanket up so he wouldn't get cold.
She then walked over to her own bed, and laid down, snuggling into her blankets, hugging the stuffed animal Neji got her closely to her chest. The last thing she saw before she fell asleep was her phone charging by the nightstand to her right side.

~ring ring ring~
Sakura's eyes opened up to the sound of her phone ringing, someone was calling her, but why so late at night? She turned to grab her phone and got up and walked to the bathroom and shut the door so she wouldn't wake Neji up.
It was currently 3:25 am. And it was an unknown caller ID. She was skeptical at first, so she ignored it. However the phone kept ringing and ringing, at this point Sakura was curious, so she answered it.
"H-Hello? Who is this?" Sakura answered, looking at herself in the bathroom mirror.
"Yes hello, is this Sakura Haruno?" A voice of a lady responded.
"Yes, who is this?" Sakura asked.
"Ah well you see I'm Mrs. Yukari, I work at the Otogakure central hospital, I'm sorry to inform you, but your mother, brother, and father died in a severe car accident... they're no longer with us...." The woman's voice said, filled with sorrow for the Sakura.
It took awhile for Sakura to process the information, then she answered.
"I see... where were they headed to?" Sakura asked, her voice cracked mid-sentence.
"Your brother, Sakusa, claimed before he died that they were going to pay you a "friendly visit" and pick you up for thanksgiving break." The lady answered hesitantly.
"Ok... listen, I'm a bit busy right now... I'll call this number back later?" Sakura asked.
"Of course dear." Was the last thing the lady said before she hung up the phone.
Sakura stood there in the bathroom, still looking at her self, her breathing getting heavier by the second. Slightly trembling, tears starting to shed. That's when she finally lost it. She took a towel that was nearby and placed it over her mouth, and proceeded to scream and cry into it. She felt weak at that moment, her legs gave up on her and she fell on her knees shivering and crying, occasionally screaming.
Her family, dead.
They were now gone.
And even worst, the last thing her mother said to her was "I hate you", and the last thing she told her mother was that she hated her too. But that wasn't true. As much as Sakura hated the way they treated her, she couldn't ever hate them. She loved them. She loved them despite all of the beating and arguments, the mental and physical damage they caused, she loved them. They were her family, and now, they were gone.
She wouldn't hear anymore arguing between her mother and father, she wouldn't hear the sound of her mother getting smacked across the face by her father, she wouldn't hear her father asking her to bring him another beer, she wouldn't her her brother yelling aggressively at her, she wouldn't get to see they're fake act for public, they acted like a happy family out in public, in reality they were nothing close to happy. She was vulnerable there, but that was still her home. The place where she was raised. Her beloveds, forever gone, never to return. It ached her heart.
She continued to scream and cry on the ground, eventually, she got tired of crying, and went to bed.
Little did she know, Neji witnessed her crying and screaming but he didn't know why. When he woke up, she was already on the ground crying. Mumbling a couple of words, but neji wasn't able to comprehend them. It hurt him to see her like that, but he figured that she'll tell him in the morning.
He walked to Sakura's bed, where a very tired pink haired beauty slept. Her eyes puffy, her hair a mess. Neji moved some of her hair that was in her face behind her ears. He leaned in and gave her a kiss on the forehead.
"Sakura... what happened my love...?" Neji whispered, his voice shaky.
Neji then left her bedside, and returned to his own bed . And slowly fell back asleep. His last thoughts before going to sleep were , 'what happened to Sakura...?'. Perhaps she'll tell him tomorrow, maybe she'll cancel the hang out and stay at the dorm tomorrow.
Oh well, only tomorrow morning will tell. And hopefully everything will be alright.