Chapter 2

Dixies POV

Hi I'm dixie damelio and im the star quarter back on my high schools football team. It's the first practice of the year and I'm so fucking excited. On my way walking to the locker rooms I see Bryce and his girlfriend, who is the captain of the cheerleading squad, making out. I roll my eyes at them.

"Get a room" I say and close my eyes before walking into the locker room. "Y'all dress or not?" I yelled over them. They laugh at me.

"Why you ask? Scared to see a mans physique" griffin, our tight end, laughs. I roll my eyes even though they can't see.

"No but for real y'all dressed" i say seriously.

"Yea you good captain" I hear Blake, Our fullback/running back, says. I open my eyes to see them dress or mostly dressed. They carried on back to their conversations as I walk to my side of the locker room which is closed of from the rest of the team. I open my locker to see pictures of my sister and my best friends. I smile at them. I take my cleats out and put them on the ground. I look at my jersey and grab it gently. Number 12. I picked this number because my birthday is August 12th, but also I was 12 when my dad died. He taught me everything I needed to know about football. Not only am I playing football for me, but him too. I know his watching. I get a knock on my door that knocks me out of my thoughts.

"Come in" i say. Noah, our kicker, comes in with his hand over his eyes.

"Um, your sister is outside for you" I laugh.

"Dude im not naked you can open your eyes" I say. He uncovers his eyes but looks down.

"Yea but still, I wanna respect you so I don't look." He says. Noah is really sweet. If I was straight and single I would totally date him. Luckily I'm not either. Im closer to Noah than anybody on the team. We have been friends since we were little.

"Thanks Noah, tell her I'll be out in a minute." He nods his head and walks out. I turn back to my uniform and pull out my pads and stuff. I put them on and grab my mouth guard. I put the guard on my helmet and walk out. I walk out the locker room to see my sister Charli on her phone. She hears the door close behind me and looks up.

"Finally, I need the keys to your car" she says to me holding her hand out.

"What? Why?"

"I left my cheerleading bag in the car"I sigh and go back in the locker room to get my keys. I walk back to charli and hand her my keys.

"No funny business. Get your stuff and come right back. Just put my keys in your bag." She nods and walks off. Last time I handed her my keys I seen her flying down the road with my car.I walk towards the field to see my teammates stretching. Down the field I see the cheerleaders practicing. I see my girlfriend Brooke do a cartwheel round off with a tuck. I smile at her when I see her get excited about it. She looks towards me and I wink at her. She blushed and looks away. I look at the bench and see Kate, my best friend looking at me with a smirk.No she doesn't play, she's just an unofficial official assistant coach. But not really. She just trash talks us all the time. Speak of the devil.

"come on slow poke, you moving slower then my grandma going down stairs" she yells at me. My teammates laugh at me. I shake my head and walk over to her and push her. I hear a whistle.

"Ok folks let's get to it" coach says clapping his hands. While coach was talking I look back over to the cheer squad to see if Charli made it back. I didn't see her or her friend avani. I knit my eyebrows together thinking where they could be. I start to get nervous and my heart rate picks up.Eventually I see them walking across the field laughing and giggling. My heart rate goes back to normal after seeing Charli ok.

Time skip

Practice ends and I'm a sweaty mess. I walk over to my water bottle and drink the whole thing.

"Ooo somebodies thirsty" I hear Kate say. I flick some of my water towards her and she laughs. I was walking to locker room when I hear my girlfriend call my name. I turn around to see her jogging towards me. She tries to hug me but I push her away. She frowns at me.

"I'm sorry babe, but I'm sweaty and I don't want you-" I was cut off by her hugging me Anyways. I laugh and hug her back and kiss her forehead.

"I don't care how sweaty you are I want a hug" I smile at her words.

"Are you ready for our date tonight?" i ask her. She gently pulls away and looks down. I frown.

Not again

"I can't I have homework to do, but next time I'll be sure to have nothing planned"

"Yea that's what you said last time" I say with a little annoyance in my voice. This is the fifth time this happened.

"I'm sorry dix-"

"Yea whatever, i got to go change. Bye Brooke" I say dryly and walk into the locker room. I ignore everybody and go to my locker and change. I text Charli to see where she's at and I didn't get a reply. I walk out the locker room and towards my car and I see charli back side to me. It looks like she's talking to someone. Before I could figure out anything I hear Noah call my name.

"Hey dix, me and the boys are going out to eat later. You down to come?" He ask. I nod.

"Sure, where?"

"Our favorite diner" he says. I smile at him. Noah being my friend since 1st grade, we hung out a lot.Nothing got in between us. Almost ever weekend in summer our moms would take us to the diner to eat. It was our thing that we do till this day.

"I'm down, see you there" he smiles and walks off. I turn back to my car to see a flustered charli. Whoever she was talking to must of left. "Damn who left you hot and bothered" I laughed getting the car.

"Shut up" she says getting in. I drive home and take a shower. Our mom doesn't get home until 10 most of the time. I get a text from Noah saying he's heading towards the diner right now. I text back I'm on my way and grab my shoes.

"Charli im going out, you want anything."

"No" she yells. I don't know why I asked I'm gonna get her something anyways.

"I'll be back before 7" I say before walking out.