Chapter 7

Addisons POV

After me and dixie finished the project I said goodbye to her and drove back home. Mom and dad are never home, only on weekends and barley then. I walk to the door and unlock it to see Daisy and the boys in an imaginary world.

"Alright mateys Someone has to walk the plank" I hear Daisy say in a pirate voice. Now you think I would be surprised by this but I'm not. This isn't the first time I walked in on then doing this.

"Daisy what are you doing here on a Saturday?" I ask. She jumps at my voice.

"Holy hell you scared me Addison" she says holding her heart. I raise my eyebrows waiting for an answer.

"You're parents had to leave for work earlier then expected" she says with a small smile. I nod.

"Well you can go home now I got things from here" I say.

"Nooo, I wanna finish playing pirates" Lucas says.

"We'll play pirates Monday buddy, right now you have to go to bed ok" he nods and walks upstairs. Daisy babysits the kids while my parents work and I go to school for the week.

"How long have you been here?" I ask as she grabs her things.

"About a hour and 30 minutes" she says.

"I'll pay you-"

"Addison I told you you don't have to pay me. Now if they were rowdy and uncool,Yes you will pay" she says and I laugh. We say our goodbyes and I lock the door behind her. I walk upstairs to shower and change. I lay down in bed, but before my head hit the pillow someone called me. I groaned and looked at my phone to see it's Dixie. I turned on the light and fixed my appearance before answering.

"Hey dix, what's up?" I ask.

"Oh nothing" she says. I look at her confused.

"Uh... it has to be something"

"No I just... wanted to here your voice" I smile and blush at the statement.

"Aren't you tired of my voice by now. We talked all day literally"

"No, im not actually." We talked for awhile just talking about the day.

"You know you are great with kids" I say but I get no response.

"Dixie?" I hear a soft snore. I laugh softly at her. I hang up and get comfortable in bed with Dixie in my mind.

Monday

Dixies POV

Addison and I didn't talk much yesterday and I was kinda upset about it. I might be starting to develop a crush on her...maybe. Even though I can't date right now or get distracted. I have a game Thursday and I need to be focused on that and not Addison. I walk into my first period and sit beside Addison.

"Hey bubs" she waves at me.

"Hi bubbles" I laugh at her. I don't know why I call her that. Maybe because of her bubbly personality.

"Im sorry we didn't talk much yesterday, Bryce came over and apologized so we hung out" my heart dropped at his name.

"That's good..um... you two back together?" I asked a little bit nervous for her answer.

"No we're not" she says seriously. I smile at her answer.

Good

"Why is that good?" She asks. My eyes widen at her question.

"What?" I say acting confused.

"I thought-"

"Good morning class" she was cut off by the teacher. I sigh of relief and 'pay attention' to the teacher.

Time skip

I walk into the lunch room and sat down with Charli, avani, madi, and Noah.

"Sup guys" I say sitting down.

"Hey Dixie, where's Addison? Y'all literally are like magnets to eachother." I shrug my shoulders and look around to see her walking towards us. I smile at her as she sits beside me. I look back up to see my favorite teacher coming my way.

"Hola señora Jauregui" I say smiling.

"Hola chica, i came to tell you that you failed your test... again." She says frowning.

"I know ma'am but I can speak it very well" she raises her eyebrow.

"Oh really, please demonstrate" she says leans back up and waits.

"Psssh... uno" i say. I hear my table laugh at me.

"Look chica I'll let you take it again Wednesday but this time if you fail. You will not be playing in Thursday's game." She says. My eyes widen and my heart starts to beat faster. I feel a hand grab mine and I look up to see it's addisons.

"Don't worry dixie I'll help you"

"Great, because she needs it. Oh, hola charli ¿Cómo estuvo tu día?"

"Hola señora, ha sido un largo día" I stare at their conversation in confusion.

"Oh, lo siento mija" she frowns and looks at me.

"You're sisters a sophomore and she's better then you" she laughs. I roll my eyes at her.

"Atleast im a better flirt than you" I say.

"Cap" Noah says. I glare at him and he shrugs.

"He has a point I seen her pull señora cabello over there" Addison says. I see señora blush and look towards her. I smile.

"Oooo ok Lauren I see you" she turns and slaps my arm.

"Owwww"

"Shh I have to go. See you later" she says and walks away.

"She's so mean to me I swear" I say rubbing my arm.

Timeskip

We didn't have practice today so i told Addison to meet me at my house so she can help me study. I walk in and set my Spanish book on the table. I hear our doorbell ring and I see Addison waiting to come in.

"Hey addi" i step out the way so she can step in. We sit at the table.

"Ok let's start easy" i nod at her.

"Hola, ¿como te llamas?" I sit there and look at her confused. Once she realized I didn't know what she was saying she sighs.

"This is gonna be a long night" I say.

After 3 hours of work I was starting to get it.

"Work"

"Trabajo" I say confidently.

"now conjugate"

"Trabajo, trabajas, trabaja" i say smiling.

"Excelente mija" she says smiling. I smile back feeling good so I try to say them again.

"Chewbacca, chewbacaca"

"What is wrong with you?" She asks her smile falling. I groan in frustration and put my head down.

"Look dixie lets call it a day. You learned a lot and I'm proud of you baby"my head shot up. I look over to see her wide eyed and blushing.

"Thanks" I stutter. She nods and looks down. It was silent for a while.

"While I got to go, see you tomorrow" she says running out the house. I wanted to stop her but I didn't. I groaned again and put my head down.