Chapter 12

Dixies POV

The rest of the day I was feeling the greatest I ever had been. I walk into the locker room with a giant smile on my face.

"What's got you cheesing captain?" Blake asks. I simply ignore him and walk into my space. I get in my jersey quickly so I could practice throwing before we left for the game. I walk out and set my stuff on the bleachers and grab a football. I was about to call over Blake to help but I see Addison walk over.

"I can help you" I smile.

"Ok you go over there and when I sa-"

"I know what to do" she says and walks away. I smirk and get into position.

"We're doing the play snarl 3" I say. She looks at me confused.

"Just run up to the 25 and do a sharp turn to the right ok" she nods and looks forward.

"Ok" she breathes.

"Ready, set, Hike!" I step back and I see Addison run up and turn. I throw the ball and she jumps and catches it. I run up to her excitedly and lift her up and hug her.

"Alright love birds we gotta go on the bus now" I hear Noah say. I put Addison down and grab my stuff and walk beside her to the bus. We sat beside eachother on the way to the school. We listened to music and sung our hearts out and we rapped to some of the songs. We pull up to the school and we get out. We navigate our way to the locker room.

"Ok I guess im dropping you off" Addison says. I roll my eyes.

"Yea ok" she smiles and starts to walk away but I grab her by the hand and kiss her.

"Tell me if anybody flirts with you" I say.

"Why... were not dating... are we?" She says.

"Well not yet"

"Are you implying you will be asking me out?"

"Maybe" I say leaning in again. Right before our lips touched we were interrupted.

"Bullseye" I hear my coach say. I jumped from Addison and look towards him.

"Um yessir"

"Um yeah we're ready to go over or plays" I nod my head.

"I'll be in there in a minute sir"

"Mhmm" he hums then walks back into the locker room. I glance back at Addison and laugh at her.

"See you on the field... bullseye" she says winking at me. While walking away is we her swaying her hips more than usual. I wasn't complaining but I quickly shake my head and walk into the locker room.

On the field. 2nd quarter. 2nd down. Offense.

I walk back on the field and go to the huddle.

"...they're defense is to good. What coach got for us"

"He got us playing prey 2" I say.

"I don't think that gonna work" Bryce says.

"Yea me neither but we do what we can" we break from the huddle and get into position. I have a gut feeling that I will have to run it myself and I start to feel nervous. I look over to the cheerleaders to see Addison smiling widely as she cheers. I smile and look around at my teammates.

"Ready. Set. HIKE" I take two steps back and try to find anybody open. I see the line backers struggle a bit and my wide receivers can't get open. I take a deep breathe and fake throw it and sprint forward. I see the opposite team's players run to me. I stiff arm them and keep running. I'm in front of most of them till I see they're safety run towards me. I freak out and jumó over him and keep running. I look back and see all of them slowing down. I make it to the touchdown and my teammates run to me and hype me up. I smile and walk towards the bench and take off my helmet. I look towards Addison wink at her she rolls her eyes and blows a kiss at me.

While our defense plays I watch Addison cheer. She actually really good at it. I mean of course I watched her cheer but not actually watch her cheer you know? I see her line up to do something. I se her go up for a backflip but she lands on her foot wrong and  she falls. I get up and run to her. I hear her wincing in pain.

"Addison what's wrong?" I ask.

"I think I sprained my ankle... I'll be fine tho" she says getting up but falling right back down immediately.

"Addi let me carry you to the nurse"

"No im fine" she says getting up again and like last time she falls down again. I sigh and lift her up in my arms and carry her inside.

"Dixie what are you doing you have to go back out "

"I'm fine... you are my priority right now"

"Dixie I'm fi-" I shush her and she stays silent the rest of the way. I drop her off and sit down in a sit beside her. The nurse comes in with ice and checks out her ankle. She winced at every touch.

"Yea it's sprained alright. Look like you won't be cheerleaders for a while. I'll call your parents to come pick you up ok." She nods. The nurse walks out and I get up and hug addison.

"Why are you hugging me" she laughs.

"Because if somebody told me I couldn't play football for a few weeks I literally would cry." She smiles and waves it off.

"Nah it's cool. I need a break from cheerleaders anyways. Plus, i finally get to get into photography" I lift my eyebrow.

"You do photography?"

"Yea... when I have free time... so at the nest game I'll be taking pictures of you. I hope you are photogenic" she says.

"Baby pls I always look good no matter what" we laugh. We hear a knock at the door.

"Come in" I say. Noah walks in.

"Hey sorry to Inter but it's halftime and dixie we need you." I nod and tell him I'm coming.

"Looks like you have to go" I get up and walk to the door.

"Yea but after the game I'll come by your house"

"As long as you shower before you come by that will be fine." We laugh and I left.