Chapter 19

Monday

Addisons POV

I was walking to class late after getting up super late, and the traffic didn't help at all. I was rushing to class when I feel someone pull me into a doorway. I look up to see Bryce standing there smiling.

"Hey babe" he says trying to kiss me. I swerve and slap him in the face.

"Bryce we're not dating anymore, I'm dating dixie now and you know that" I say sternly. He smirks a little and looks back at me.

"C'mon baby you know you want me" he says trapping me against the wall. I start to feel super uncomfortable about everything.

"Bryce pls get away from me"

"No, not until you are mine again" he raises his voice at me making me flinch. I smell alcohol on his breath.

"Bryce are you drunk 9:30 in the fucking morning"

"Addison I miss you and I need you. I fucked up and I realized that you were the only thing good in my life, and I want you back" I start to feel bad for him but I was snapped out of my thoughts with a voice.

"Addison?" She says. Before I could turn my head Bryce kisses me sloppily. I hear her walking away from us and I push Bryce off.

"You bitch you fucked with my relationship with Dixie. The only person I love and you fucked it up. We dated literally for 5 days and you messed with my happiness" I say tears streaming down my face. I see in his eyes a realization of what just happened. I don't stay to hear his reply as I run towards the direction Dixie ran too. I run to her second period hoping to see her there but she's not. I run outside to the parking lot and look for her car. I catch it from the corner off my eye but not a Dixie. Then it hit me.

"I know where she is" I run through the school to the field and I see her sitting down in the middle of it. I walk up behind her and softly sit beside her. She scoots away from me which hurts my feelings.

"Dixie" I say barely over a whisper. My voice carried in the wind as she looks towards the trees. She says nothing, she doesn't move, she doesn't even acknowledge that I'm there.

"Dixie what you say back there wasn't-"

"I don't care" she she says as a whisper but her words leaked anger. I feel I a pang one my heart as I shut my mouth close. I scoot closer towards her and this time she doesn't move. It was a chilly dad today so I lay my head down on her shoulder and wrap my arms around her arm. She let me stay there for a while, comfortable, until she said.

"I admit my feelings to you Friday night. I meant those words, every single one of them." She starts out as a whisper.

"I took you on a date and asked you to be my girlfriend in Thursday thinking you weren't gonna be like... her.... but I was proven wrong" I wanted to speak so bad, but I knew if I did I would make things worse.

"I trusted you, I fell for you, I opened up to you and I get repaid by you kissing Bryce this morning..." she says choking up a little. I feel my own eyes water knowing that I made her cry. It was me that was making those beautiful brown eyes cry because of my careless acts. I hold on to her tighter but she removes her arm from my grip. I try to reach back for it but she denies it. I lift my head up from her shoulder and look at her.

"Dixie it wasn't my fault... he kissed me, you left before you could see me push him away and admit that I love you and only you" I say sniffling.

"How can i believe you addison" she says and I stayed silent. I feel the tears start to roll down my face.

"Baby... pls you have to trust me" I say reaching out again but she stands up. I look up at her trying to read her face.

"I just need time to think" she says.

"Ok... how long" I ask shyly.

"I don't know... I love e you addison I do but... I need time for myself right now ok" it felt like someone stabbed me in my heart and twisted me but I nod

"Yea... take as long as you want.. I'll be here waiting for you... i love you dixie... so much" I see her let a year fall as she nods at me. She walks back towards the school and I break. The tears, the emotions, everything... I can't believe I lost the love of my life.