Chapter 3

Addisons POV

Bryce invited me to come with him and his teammates to this diner. Of course I said yes for two reasons. 1 he's my boyfriend and 2 I get to spend time with him. But for some reason I'm more excited to see Dixie then anybody else. We never really talked before, maybe I'm just excited to get to know her other then the "hot quarterback that makes every girl-" yea I'm not gonna finish that. I'm already dressed I'm just wanting for Bryce to come pick me up. I texted avani to see if she would like to join but she denies and says she's going to someone's house. Who? I don't know she didn't give details.

"Hey addi, come play Mario with me" my little brother Lucas says. I smile and walk into his room and play awhile. I get a text from Bryce saying his outside. I go outside to see him waiting for me. We hug and kiss and walk to his car where he holds the door for me. I get in and he closes it and runs to the driver side. While driving he grabs my hand and smiles at me. Usually I would feel butterflies but I feel nothing. We arrive at the diner and I see his friends gathered around dixie, but she's on her phone texting someone. Whoever she's texting is getting a handful of words. Bryce and I get out and walk over to them.

"Sup guys" bryce says dapping them up.

"Sup Bryce" Noah says. He looks towards me and smiles. "Hello Addison, how's it being captain of the cheer squad" I smile and hug him.

"Stressful but fun" I say.

"I bet you can say the same about dating Bryce" he laughs. I laugh with him. We all started walking into the diner other than Dixie and Noah. They seem to be in a serious conversation.

Are they dating? Why would I care.

I shrug my thoughts off and walk inside. When walking in Bryce called over Blake and josh over. While they were talking about football. I was looking around. I finally see Noah and Dixie come inside. They walk up to the counter together to them talking the cooks and waiters. Seeing dixie smile made my heart jump.

What? No.. you're with Bryce. You can't like girls.

While looking around I see brooke come in with another guy holding hands. Unfortunately when they came in Dixie turned around. I could see the hurt in her eyes. She started saying something but I couldn't hear over the boys talking.Noah holds her back when her voice become louder. She walks out tears running down her face Noah right behind her. I don't know why but I felt like I needed to go to her.

"Um Bryce I'll be back I left something in your car" he moved out the booth and gives me his keys. I walk out to see Noah and Dixie at a table outside. Noah was comforting her while she cried. I walked up and Noah looked at me.

"Is she ok" I whispered. He nods and let's go off her gently. She turns around and sees me. She quickly turns back around and wipe her eyes.

"Oh hey Addison" she says.

"Hi. I just wanted to see if you were ok. I saw what happened in there and I got concerned." I say. I felt awkward standing there. "Well, it seems Noah has you so I'll be on-"

"No, stay. Noah is fine but I need a girl to help me with this." She says. "No offense Noah"

"Nope It's fine. I'll go with the boys, I'll just bring your food out." He says walking away. It was quiet for a while before she said anything.

"Was it my fault? Was I not good enough?"

"No dixie you were more then enough for her." I say.

"Then why did she distance away from me? It had to be something I did." She says getting teary eyed. I grab her face and made her look at me.