Chapter 11

Game day

Dixies POV

I walk into school feeling confident because it's game day. I'm always happy on game day. I start to walk to my locker when down the hallway I see Noah talking to Addison. My eyes widen as I see them laugh and smile at eachother. I feel jealousy rise in my blood and I walk over to them with a smile on my face.

"Hi guys" I say.

"Hey dix" Addison says and hugs me. I hug her tighter and hold her for a while. I look to see Noah winking at me. I fake gag and let go of Addison.

"What was you guys talking about" I see Addison tense up and look towards Noah for help.

"Uh we were talking about our third period teacher" he says.

"You guys have a class together?" I ask.

"Uh yea... that's what he just said" Addison says.

"Don't sass me" I say glaring at her.

"Make me" she says getting closer to me. I swiftly grab her wrist and push her against the lockers. I look her in the eyes but she couldn't keep contact. I smirk and look up to see Noah walking away. I laugh and walk to our first period. While walking I start to regret what I just did. Sometimes I can't control myself when someone pushes me. I see Addison come in and sit beside me. She leans over to me and whispers in my ear.

"don't you do that again... daddy" my eyes widen and I look at her. I see her laughing at me so I look away and think to myself as the teacher walks in. After that me and Addison haven't interacted much other then me asking for a pencil. I guess both of us are overthinking what we did. At lunch she didn't sit beside me but she sat beside Noah. I feel hurt by her actions. I went silent and didn't eat so I just got up to walk out.

"Dixie where are you going?!" I hear Charli say. I ignore her knowing she will either find me or leave me alone.

Addison POV

I walked into the lunch room and immediately sat beside Noah.

"Are you sure she likes me?" Noah looks up to me with fries stuffed in his mouth.

"Yea" he muffled out. I grimace at his actions but ignored it.

"How do you know? Dixie isn't the one that just talks about her feelings."

"How would you know you just meet her a few weeks ago" Noah said laughing. I smile.

"I don't man dixie is mysterious... maybe that's why I'm so drawn to her I guess."

"Yea because this morning you sure wasn't talking about how cute she looks and how you wanna-" I covered his moth and shushed him. He nodded and I retracted my hand from him.

"Look... I wanna ask her out but... I don't know how." I say.

"How about the dance?"

"Dixie doesn't go to dances" I say.

"Yea you're right" in the the corner of my eye I see dixie get up and walk out. Charli calls for her but she ignores and walks off. I see Charli get up but I stop her.

"I got it char" I say. She nods and sits back down. I walk to the feels and see Dixie sitting down in the middle of the field. I walk towards her, She doesn't look at me just keeps staring down.

"Dixie" I say softly. She slowly lifts her head and turns towards me. We locked eyes for a second . She turns back around and looks forward. I slowly sit beside her and grab her hand. She squeezes it lightly and I smile.

"Addison... are you a Noah like... talking now"

"No dixie we're not. I like... someone else" her head shoots up at me.

"O-oh... um... who?"

"That i can not tell" i say.

"Why not?"

"Because you haven't told me yours yet" she freezes up and looks away.

"Ok fine... she has a class with me, she's cute, adorable, she makes me feel things I never felt before.I sometimes get nervous around her or sometimes I feel confident. She's just so gorgeous and her personality is so bubbly and carefree. I don't want to call it love because I never "loved" anybody."

"You must really like this girl dix." I say softly.

"I do" she says smiling softly.

"Ok what about your crush" she says.

"Oh... um... they're cool" I say nervously.

"Wow they sound so charming" She sarcastically. I laugh.

"No it's just... i don't know how to express my feelings well"

"Well... how do that make you feel when you're around them?" She questions. I smile a little thinking about how I feel when I'm around dixie.

"Happy... like im on cloud nine... but i also feel anxious and weak around them. I'm always smiling when I'm around them, even when they make me confused sometimes about things. They're so strong as a person and like one of my best friends, even though I don't know much about them. But what I do know about them is making me fall" I look towards Dixie to see her looking at me.

"You know?" I say softly. I see her eyes flick to my lips and back to my eyes.

"Yea" she whispers leaning in. I lean in towards her and she grabs my face gently. She hesitates so I quickly lean in and connect are lips. Her lips fit perfectly with mine. They were soft, we moved in sync. I put my hand in her hair and tug at it. This caused her to groan and bite my lip.

"Hey guys are you guys o-" me and dixie jumped away from eachother to see charli behind us smiling.

"Nevermind you guys are doing just fine.. I'll leave you guys alone now" she says walking back to the school. Dixie and I locked eyes and laughed softly.

"Um.. I think we should go back inside.." Dixie says.

"Yea" i stand up and walk back too the school. I feel dixie slip her hand into mine and intertwined them. I smile at the feeling and squeeze her hand slightly.