Chapter 5

Daniel's pov

It had been two weeks now. I had been continuously working for two weeks now without much rest. I had talked with the doctors and dad was home now which once again became a headline. Flowers and sweets were sent from all over the country for him. I would go to meet him and my mom every single day after my work.

I checked my watch and saw it was afternoon. My mom had asked me if I could come to meet dad a little early because everyday he would stay awake late to meet me. As I had been working like a crazy person without any break these past two weeks I thought about going home early today,so I told my secretary that and left.

I drove to my father's place and parked my car. When I went inside I went towards my dad's room and I hear a really pleasent giggle.

I went inside and to my surprise layla was there along with mom and dad. They all were laughing together. They noticed me standing there and my dad smiled at me. 'Oh Daniel, you came early!' my mom said.

'Yeah I did.' I said walking near. Layla stood up and smiled at me. 'Daniel, this is layla and layla this is my son, Daniel.' Dad said.

'I know him sir. Hello.' layla said and I greeted her back. 'Layla and I went to school together. She was a scholarship student there.' I said. 'Well, what a small world.' my dad replied.

I was actually happy to see layla. I was not able to meet her this past week. It was only once in the organisation and she was busy at that point of time. 'Okay then sir, ma'am, I will take my leave.' layla said.

'No stay, I mean you can stay, don't leave just because I came. Please.' I said to her.

'No, I have.... Some important work to take care of.' she said brushing me off. 'Wherever you have to go, Daniel will drop you.' my mother said. 'No, ma'am he just came, he doesn't need to,......' she started saying. 'No, it's alright.' mom said.

I nodded at her and said, 'It's okay layla, come on, I will drop you.' I said. 'I will wait for you by the gate.' she said and left.

'It's okay if you don't talk with us for one day, take your own sweet time with her.' my mom said and winked at me. 'Mom, dad, there is nothing going on..... We are just friends.' I said.

'We know honey, but she is a really nice girl and it is our wishful thinking but we doubt if she will ever like you. Now leave.' my dad said.

'Fine,bye dad.' I said and left. I went to the garage, got my car and drove to the gate where layla was waiting for me.

She sat inside the car and I started driving. There had been light raining the entire day but when I turned on the radio I heard, 'There is a thunderstorm warning in the evening, we urge everyone to stay indoors. Heavy showers are expected.'

'Where do you want to go?' I asked layla. 'Actually, I.... I was going to meet a real estate agent. I am searching for a new apartment.' she said in a dejected tone.

'So, I will drop you at his office?' I asked her. She nodded with a sad smile. I don't know why but I did not like to see her sad. Why was she sad?

I dropped her there and she thanked me and went inside. I called my staff that was at my penthouse and my office and told them to go home. The rain was pouring down and there were clear indications of a thunderstorm.

As I was about to start driving my car again I looked at the office in which layla was. Will she be able to go alone in this rain? I will wait for her for some time.

Finally after about half an hour she I saw her exiting the building. She looked stressed and unhappy. She stopped and started looking at the heavy downpour probably waiting for it to lessen. I drove upto her and opened my car door. 'Get in.' I told her.

She looked shocked. 'Daniel, you don't need....' she started saying. 'I am not listening to you layla, get in.' I said yo her. Finally she got in and closed the car door. She looked puzzled.

'Thank you Daniel.' she said. She was a little bit wet and shivering so I turned on the heater in the car. 'No problem.' I said to her and smiled.

'So, can I ask you something, if you don't mind?' I said. 'Of course, go on.' she replied.

'Why are you searching for a new apartment? Your old one was at a nice place.' I asked. 'Well, I live in my apartment by giving rent. Every eleven months the contract renews. The problem is that this time when I asked my apartment owner to renew the contract he said he isn't going to. His daughter wants to live there starting from next month because she is going through some personal issues. He gave time this this monthend to move out. It was so abrupt, I am in a fix right now.' she said and sighed.

Suddenly we heard loud thundering sounds. 'My goodness, it is raining really really hard.' she said. 'Are you having trouble driving?' she asked me.

'A little bit, but it's okay.' I said to her. 'No it's not. My place is still far way from here. I will get down here. You drive tp your place.' she said.

'I am not to let you go out in this downpour. My place is about five minutes away. Why don't we go there and you wait for the storm to pass and them leave?' I asked her.

'I cannot do that.' she said in a panicked voice. 'Why?' I asked her. 'You are technically my boss Daniel. I have to follow some aesthetics.' I said.

'I might be, but I consider you my friend and I want to help you. Come on layla, please, just look at the rain.' I said to her.