Chapter 19

Daniel's pov

Finally a Sunday. Today I could spend time with layla. I thought happily as I went to take a shower. My doorbell rang and I opened with a smile to see my goddess standing outside with two lunchboxes?

I was confused and said, 'I am hungry but two boxes?' I asked her laughing. 'Oh no... This is your breakfast and lunch. Actually I am really sorry but can you order takeout for your dinner, I am super busy today.' she said.

'Of course M, no problem at all, this is all really a favour you are doing for me, don't apologise. Extra work at the foundation?' I asked her.

'No, something else. I really gotta rum now. Bye.' she said with a enthusiastic smile and left. I had forgotten to notice earlier that she had a huge handbag on her hand. Where was she going?

I was just looking at the two lunchboxes in my hand with disappointment as I saw her entering the elevator and her phone started ringing. The elevator doors closed but I heard two very loud words, 'Hello, Zach! Yeah I am just leaving.'

I saw red. She was going to meet that Zach boy. She left me to meet him! What the hell? I kept those lunchboxes on the kitchen counter angrily. I did not feel like eating the breakfast anymore or doing anything anymore.

I went straight to my office and started working. I had kept my day off for her. If she was not there then there no point of having the day off. She was with ZACH! I am going to fire him the next day from the organisation.

Finally after some time I stopped. I took my phone and opened Instagram. I wanted to see layla's pictures and wanted to calm myself down. That's when on my feed I saw a beautiful picture of layla.

She was wearing a stunning red dress, hair and makeup done with a bunch of flowers in her hand. It was captioned saying, '1...2....3 maid of honour!!!!!!!' what the heck.

I went on her account and saw new pictures just being uploaded. I saw a picture of that zach guy with another man. They were holding hands and smiling. The caption below was, 'Congratulations to this beautiful couple!!!'

That's when it all clicked. Layla had gone to his wedding. And moreover Zach. Was. Gay.

I mentally facepalmed. I was jealous over him. Then there were pictures of them kissing, walking down the aisle and stuff where she was tagged and were uploaded by zach.

Layla was his maid of honour. How cute. She was so looking so cute, beautiful, divine. Zach, man, I am sorry for yesterday.

I wanted to comment  congratulations but then I thought it will be too much and closed my phone.

Let layla enjoy. I can definitely order takeout today.

But yesterday's incident made me realise something. I have to tell layla how i feel soon. Zach was gay but other guys might not be.

In the evening I just sat on the couch and looked at how layla was getting tagged in picture after picture with a beautiful smile on her face enjoying the festivities.

Layla, I love you.