Chapter 31

Daniel's pov

My phone was ringing nonstop with my parents calling me after seeing the news. I was driving the car and layla was beside me. we had to meet my parents and tell them the truth. Layla looked tense. 'Don't worry.' I said to her.

'I am not worrying, it's just that..... Just that..' she said before stopping. 'What is it? You can tell me anything.' I replied.

'I hope aunt and uncle are not angry.' she said. 'Why would they be?' I asked her. 'I mean..... With this news about us. We both have a different status Daniel. I am sure that aunt and uncle must have hoped for a richer girl coming from a higher status for you. I hope they don't think that I am....' she said and stopped talking.

'No. They think of you as their own daughter layla. Thay won't. Let's meet them and sort this all out.' I replied. As I was driving the car my mind drifted back to the day i had confessed my feelings to her. If she had said yes that day by now we both would have been married or at least engaged. I am sure my parents would have approved of her and if anyone had disapproved, I would have just ignored them. I would have been the happiest in the world, spending the rest of my life with her.

Unknowingly a tear escaped my eye. What the hell was I even thinking. I was facing the consequences of my own actions. The fact that she was even talking to me was what I should consider myself lucky for. I wiped the tear discreetly and concentrated on driving.

We reached my parents house and I parked my car. We immedietly ran inside the mansion without even addressing the guards.

As soon as we entered confetti fell on us. There was loud music playing. We both were shocked.

All the servants started throwing rose petals on us. We both were shocked! I looked at layla. She looked horrified.

'Okay you all can disperse now. Thank you for doing it for my son and his girlfriend on such a short notice.' my mom said clapping her hands. All the servants dispersed.

My mom was standing with my dad and they both had the biggest smiles on their faces. My mom rushed towards me and layla and hugged both of us.'You could have told me at least.' she said with a grin on her face.

'I knew that from the day i saw him hugging you outside the hospital window after Robert's surgery. His expression told me that he had fallen for you. He never did that for any other girl' my mom looking towards layla.

'Let them breathe honey.' my dad said. 'Lets take them to sit inside.'

We followed dad and my mom was enthusiastically holding layla's hand.
Layla tried to smile but looked worried. 'Don't worry, I will tell them everything.' I whispered in her ear.

My mom sat with layla while me and my dad sat together on the living room couches. My mom took her phone out and showed me and layla the picture of the night I had confessed my feelings. The one in which I was holding her and was about to kiss her, before she pushed me away and told me she will never love me. 'This one is my favourite!' she exclaimed. 'Does my son treat you well?' my mom asked layla. Layla looked at me and I quickly answered, 'Mom what kind of question is that?' I asked her.

'I thought you would be angry.' Layla said. 'Why would I be? My son has found himself a beautiful girl who has  made a mark on my heart as well. There is nothing in this world that I would want than for you two to be together. I aldready thought of you of you as my daughter, now it will just be official.' my mother said and tears came in her eyes.

'With my blood pressure shooting up bacause of all the stress around the only yesterday the doctor said that I will have to take care of my health, a lot to be honest, he said it is fragile bug Joe I tell the doctor there is nothing to be worried about. I am the happiest I have ever been. My son has found me a daughter. Me,as well as his dad have got nothing to worry about' my mother said holding layla's hand and hugging her. My dad was sitting behind layla so he could not see her but I saw layla's expressions. They were a mixture of sad and guilty. I didn't even know what to say.

'Mom, your health?' I asked her. 'You never told me.' I said. 'With all the company stress in you we didn't want to worry you. First dad, then me. Your dad is fine now but we didn't want to worry you again. But now with such a good news I will be happier and healthier than ever!' my mom squeezing layla's hand.

'Layla, you have not answered my question yet, does Daniel treat you well, do you love him?' she asked her.

Layla smiled and looked at me before looking at my mom and saying, 'He treats me very well and loves me a lot.' she replied.

My mom squealed and hugged her and my dad was smiling. I tried to smile but couldn't. I realized why she had don't it but.........