Chapter 11: Vibe? Nah, lets just Hate.

Vote k bye.

_______________

You know the feeling that you get when something good keeps happening for a few days in a row and you become suspicious like hold up how is this happening?

That how I felt after the club. First the beach day. Second the fair. Third the date. Fourth the club. It almost felt fictitious.

I don't think I should've doubted my contentment because the very next day I got what I was hoping not to get but was also was dubious as for why it did not happen before and how I got four good days in a row?

Jay started ignoring me. Dodging my calls and ducking at my texts. I even snuck out at night to go to his mansion, but nobody opened the door and all the lights were off too.

I became nervous and scared. Was he alright? Has he just gone out with his friends? Yeah, I'm sure he's just out with his friends, that explains why the lights are off and why he's ignoring my texts and calls. I tried to convince myself but my gut was against me.

The gut feeling really exists and you should always follow it. At that time my gut feeling was completely negative and I didn't want it to be like that so I just convinced myself that he went on a small picnic or an outing with his friends and forgot to tell me. And that's alright because you do forget about people when you are with your friends.

But my gut feeling did not get convinced.

Something's not right

He's alright. Nothing has happened to him. I don't have to worry.

Call Anava.

Yes. I could call Anava and ask if Jay told her anything.

What if he just wants space?

Things are not adding up and you know it too.

My gut feeling overpowered my thoughts and I dialed Anava's number.

It rang a few times before it got cut.

I called again. And again. And again. No response.

Now my pulse was racing and my heart was at an abnormal pace.

Anava must be busy at her grandparents'. Talking and catching up. I'm sure she forgot about her phone too. But we did text a few times after she went to Italy.

Something. Is. Not. Right.

I stopped pacing around my room and settled myself on my bed with my hands on my chest, trying to even my breathing and make myself serene.

Spoiler alert: that made me even more anxious.

At one point calling Jay was not an option because it kept going straight to voicemail. So, I decided to call Anava nonstop, the defective feeling that I had had reached its peak, almost making me nauseous and sending unlimited shivers down my spine.

This was the 12th time I was calling Anava but to no avail, it kept ringing, I was about to decline and call again when the other line picked up.

Silence.

"ANAVA, WHY WEREN'T YOU PICKING UP MY CALLS? ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" I yelled through the phone, I was sure the entire house heard my screech.

Silence.

Even more unsettling silence.

Then a soft sob came came the other end.

The soft sob made my heart drop and the unsettling feeling rose even higher, lowering my voice I continued to speak. "Anava, baby, what's the matter? Why are you crying? Is everything alright? Please answer me? Is there anything I can do?" I questioned repeatedly, trying to get an answer.