Chapter 20: "Nothing less. More, if its beneficial for me."

This underrated song 😍

Ps: yo girl got another victory royale in squads.

Vote kay bye.

__
| |

Hours pass. I try to sleep but fail every time.

My mind always telling me to plot the escape and not sleep. Also I slept a lot in the last 24 hours that was another reason why I couldn't sleep.

My mind jumbled up new thoughts with each passing second.

How the things would have been different had his parents not died.

I also noticed how so not Jayceono his voice was.

Because Jayceono had the loudest, energetic voice three years ago, which seemed to have been covered with subtle dullness.

The weird expressions and pouting he would do were masked by a stoic, me-a-boss-me-powerful-me-no-feel expression.

Could I break him? Was he already broken? I didn't know.

The room got colder than before and I hugged the blankets even tighter as I exhaled, my mind not having mercy on me and propelling new thoughts on me.

My mind drifted to a core memory.

Δ

"Hey, Drukes! Pass the ball!" Jay shouted from the field at Drukes who was making his way towards me with a packet of donuts.

"The ball is literally near Ziva!" He yelled back as I eyed the ball that had landed near my feet.

"Wait Ziva is there too?" He laughed to himself as the others surrounding him laughed too at my small frame. Treating me as if I was invisible because of my petite body was too normal for him.

"Being a dick huh? So you finally decided to match your personality with your face?" I said to him with a small smile before I threw the ball towards one of the players.

He looked up and gave me a smirk before ruffling his hair and continuing the game.

After the game was done, Anava went to the boys' locker room to congratulate Jay on becoming the captain of the basketball team. She took me with her. Forcefully.

When we reached there Jay had just showered as I could still see water dripping down from his hair to his tanned chest as he smirked when other boys congratulated him and fist-bumped.

When he saw me coming in with Anava, he smirked wider and, just to tease me, he adjusted the towel on his waist in such a manner that it hung even lower on his hips, showing the V-indent along with the trail of dark hair from his belly-button to inside of the towel clearly.

Anava muttered 'ew' beside me.

"Dwarfy decided to come too huh? But how will you congratulate me? My hands are up here." He said as he showed his hands, his smirk not moving an inch before he ran a hand through his wet hair.

"My middle finger gets such a hard boner every time I feel your presence." I replied but before I could show him my middle finger, Anava stepped between us, holding me back with one of her hands and giving me the eye.

She was scary as fuck.

I immediately backed down, so did Jayceono upon seeing Anava's look.

"Jay, Acting like a prick doesn't make yours bigger, congratulations on the post." Anava said to him with a calm smile.