Chapter Five

Adam's POV

Growing up, it was an established fact that Carl was a hopeless idiot. No matter how much he was educated, the idiot always failed to use his brains in critical situations. It was a secret Carl didn't know about but his father and mother had hoped for another child but sadly their wishes were not fulfilled. They had already known for years that Carl was unfit to be an Alpha. He lacked the qualities needed. Despite all his faults, his parents loved him still so they were ready to spend their lives supporting him.

Sadly, his father's death came unexpectedly. Carl was made Alpha and his mate luna. His mother was too sad to care about anything and this led Carl and his mate to act rampantly in the last year. New moon pack had always been known to be brutal to rogues but not to the point of unnecessary tortue. The pack had always been more focused on getting rid of feral amd criminal rogues. But Carl in his one year of leadership had turn the pack into a pack of mindless killers. They attacked, tortured and kill every rogue they stumble across. There was news of them even venturing into no man's territory just to arrest rogues.

I blame Aunt Elena for being so absorbed in her pain. Now Carl had gone ahead to torture the innocent rogue who was kind enough to rescue his mother.

When he informed me yesterday, i tried to imagine the rogue who was fearless enough to attack New moon's ex luna. Part of me thought Carl was bluffing while the other part thought it might have been for revenge. Stepping down from the car, i was disgusted at what Carl had done. The rogue had been stripped naked and nailed on a fucking wooden stake. Her body despite covered in what looked like egg, egg shells and tomatoes had injuries of various sizes all over her body. She was bleeding from different places and the grown below her was covered blood, eggs and tomatoes. The pack members were standing away with smug looks on their faces.

I argued with him at such inhumane treatment but he seemed to believe it was the right thing to do. The look of shock on bis face when his face after Aunt Elena's slap and revelations was stuck in my head.

"Mother i am so sorry" i stood with my arms crossed watching Carl as tried to reason with his mother. The glare she returned was proof of how mad she was over the issue.

Carl tried to place his hand on his mother's shoulder but she slapped his hand away. "Don't touch me you ignorant fool." She looked around at the pack members who stood around watching the drama "As soon as she wakes up i'm taking her and leaving this place" Aunt Elena snarled angrily before turning to walk away. Rachel followed right behind her trying to keep up with Aunt Elena's fast pace.

I knew where aunt Elena was heading, the pack hospital. When the girl had been brought down from the wooden stake Aunt Elena had called on the pack doctors to rescue her. With reluctance on their face, they tried convincing my mother to just let the girl die. Aunt Elena, possessed by rage attacked the pack doctor who had been the leader of the refusal. Her reaction was enough to push the others to work. Before taking the girl to the hospital they had tried stabilizing her.

With Aunt Elena's departure, the pack members began to go off in different directions with depression clouds hanging over their heads. They were all stupid in my opinion. I wondered how they sat all through what Carl had been doing to the girl especially the elders. Then again the pack was turning into a blood thirsty one so it was most likely they all enjoyed and took part in the girl's torture.

"I'm disappointed in you." I walked closer to Carl. "Why didn't you just lock the rogue up until Aunt Elena was awake?" i asked

"I was so angry Adam." He ran his palm over his face. "I thought it was her. I was so stupid. I should have realized she was too weak to attack my mum but i was angry. Seeing my mother in that horrible state clouded my vision" he paused "i decided to poor out my anger on the first rogue i saw. I didn't stop to think of the probability that she was just helping."

"Carl....."

"No matter how much she begged i refused to listen. My mother will never forgive me. Even my dead father will never forgive me" he hung his head in defeat and all i could do was shake my head at him.

"Babe you don't have to feel so bad. Your mum will come around once that bitch gets better or dies. She was just a rogue anyway" his stupid mate Ashley said. I was dumbfounded. I knew my cousin's mate was a bitch from the first day i met her but this was a whole different phase.

"Ash don't say something like that" the idiotic cousin of mine says still looking lovingly at her. I was glad my mate didn't have to see this kind of shit. I bet she would have gone into immediate labor.

"But it's the truth. The bitch was a rogue she didn't deserve to live in the first place"

"Yeah i guess so." Along with Carl's stupidy, Ash was just a toxic mate. She gave nothing bad bad advice, pushing Carl more and more into the abyss of no return. "My mother is just overreacting. She'll get over it. Its not like i did a bad thing anyway. The girl was a rogue in the first place. What was i supposed to think?" And just like that, Ash helped in eliminating his guilt.

"Exactly babe." Ashley smiled at him. Carl playfully growled at her and then they proceeded to start a makeout session.

"You both disgust me" i growled at them while walking away. I could hear them sucking each other's faces off and it just made my blood boil. They both almost killed an innocent girl yet they felt little to no remorse. Carl was going to drive this pack to dust and Ash was going to be his biggest supporter.

Arriving at the pack hospital, i traced my sister's smell up to a hallway. I found my aunt crying while Rachel comforted her. Aunt Elena's shoulders were vigorously shakinh from her intense crying. The last time i saw her crying like this was when her mate was buried. Anyone could tell she was really hurt by Carl's actions.

"It's all my fault. I should have just told her to leave me alone to die. I should never have gone out of tye territory in the first place."

"Look at what he did to her, he even had cut off her hair. The bastard drove a silver nail thorough her palms. I can see all the injuries on her body. I can see she has suffered"

"Aunt why don't you go start packing your stuff so we can leave after the doctors are done" Leaving her here with Carl and Ash still parading as Alpha and Luna was not a good idea. Those two would find a way to kill her off.

Aunt Elena was reluctant but after much persuasion she left with Rachel.

Knowing i needed permission since i was going to bring a rogue over, i decided to contact my Alpha.

"That's an unexpected request" i heard Like let out a sigh over the phone "Adam, you're my beta and i trust your decisions so i give you my permission" Luke never one to dissapoint.

"Thank you Alpha"

"But i expect a detailed explanation when you return"

"I'll be at the office first thing tomorrow morning "

"I'll be waiting "

By the time my aunt finished packing, the doctors walked out of the emergency room. They had successfully removed a large potion of the silver and wolfbane. I requested for and ambulance as well as one of the doctors who attended to her. The doctor would be useful when reporting her condition to the doctors back at home. Aunt Elena did not even wait to say goodbye to her son. She put her clothes in my truck and got into the back of the ambulance to accompany the girl.

After two hours of driving, we finally got home. This day has been so shitty all i wanted to do was cuddle with my mate.